DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rupee Recoups 8 Paise After Dollar Stumbles
Representative image. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee made a mild comeback as it recovered 8 paise to 64.55 against the dollar on Wednesday after fresh selling of the US currency amid a higher opening in domestic equities.
A weak dollar overseas supported the rupee, forex dealers said.
Meanwhile, the dollar index fell to a near three-week low on disappointing US housing starts data.
Yesterday, the rupee had lost 11 paise to close at 64.63 on dollar demand from importers as growing geopolitical unrest hastened the flight to safety.
The benchmark BSE Sensex rose 54.45 points, or 0.18 per cent, to 29,373.55 in opening trade on Wednesday.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh