Rupee Recoups 8 Paise After Dollar Stumbles
The rupee made a mild comeback as it recovered 8 paise to 64.55 against the dollar today after fresh selling of the US currency amid a higher opening in domestic equities.
Representative image. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee made a mild comeback as it recovered 8 paise to 64.55 against the dollar on Wednesday after fresh selling of the US currency amid a higher opening in domestic equities.
A weak dollar overseas supported the rupee, forex dealers said.
Meanwhile, the dollar index fell to a near three-week low on disappointing US housing starts data.
Yesterday, the rupee had lost 11 paise to close at 64.63 on dollar demand from importers as growing geopolitical unrest hastened the flight to safety.
The benchmark BSE Sensex rose 54.45 points, or 0.18 per cent, to 29,373.55 in opening trade on Wednesday.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 11: Vikas Gupta Filed A Criminal Case Against Shilpa Shinde? BB11 Mastermind Clarifies
- These Chinese Quiz Games Are Offering Millions of Cash Prizes For 10-Second Rapid Fire Questions
- Looking Forward to Make Most of Opportunity in SA, Says Iyer
- Stop Monkeying Around, Farhan Akhtar & Prakash Raj Tell Satyapal Singh; Minister Defiant
- 'This is the Best Catch You Will Ever See,' Weatherald Takes a Blinder in BBL