Rupee Recoups 8 Paise After Dollar Stumbles
Representative image. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee made a mild comeback as it recovered 8 paise to 64.55 against the dollar on Wednesday after fresh selling of the US currency amid a higher opening in domestic equities.
A weak dollar overseas supported the rupee, forex dealers said.
Meanwhile, the dollar index fell to a near three-week low on disappointing US housing starts data.
Yesterday, the rupee had lost 11 paise to close at 64.63 on dollar demand from importers as growing geopolitical unrest hastened the flight to safety.
The benchmark BSE Sensex rose 54.45 points, or 0.18 per cent, to 29,373.55 in opening trade on Wednesday.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams - Listen To First Song Of The Movie
- New Maruti Suzuki DZire to Launch on May 16; Will No Longer Have 'Swift' in its Name
- LG G6 Launched in India for Rs 51,990: All You Need to Know
- Sonakshi Sinha, Armaan Malik Engage in War of Words Over Actors Taking Over Singers' Domain
- Meet Jackie Shroff's Daughter Krishna, Who Can Give Bollywood Actresses a Run For Their Money