Rupee Recoups 8 Paise After Dollar Stumbles
Representative image. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee made a mild comeback as it recovered 8 paise to 64.55 against the dollar on Wednesday after fresh selling of the US currency amid a higher opening in domestic equities.
A weak dollar overseas supported the rupee, forex dealers said.
Meanwhile, the dollar index fell to a near three-week low on disappointing US housing starts data.
Yesterday, the rupee had lost 11 paise to close at 64.63 on dollar demand from importers as growing geopolitical unrest hastened the flight to safety.
The benchmark BSE Sensex rose 54.45 points, or 0.18 per cent, to 29,373.55 in opening trade on Wednesday.
Recommended For You
- Suresh Raina Meets Prime Minister Narendra Modi in The Netherlands
- Navya Naveli Nanda Spotted on a Movie Date With a Friend
- Maruti Suzuki Sells 1.07 Lakh Units of Alto in First 5 Months of 2017
- Ziva and Zoravar Bond on the Sea Beach in Jolly Harbour
- Team India Coach Job: Engineer Has Solution for Kohli's Arrogance