Rupee Recoups 8 Paise After Dollar Stumbles
The rupee made a mild comeback as it recovered 8 paise to 64.55 against the dollar today after fresh selling of the US currency amid a higher opening in domestic equities.
Representative image. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee made a mild comeback as it recovered 8 paise to 64.55 against the dollar on Wednesday after fresh selling of the US currency amid a higher opening in domestic equities.
A weak dollar overseas supported the rupee, forex dealers said.
Meanwhile, the dollar index fell to a near three-week low on disappointing US housing starts data.
Yesterday, the rupee had lost 11 paise to close at 64.63 on dollar demand from importers as growing geopolitical unrest hastened the flight to safety.
The benchmark BSE Sensex rose 54.45 points, or 0.18 per cent, to 29,373.55 in opening trade on Wednesday.
Recommended For You
- Stars Are Going To Be There As Long As There's Cinema: Manoj Bajpayee
- Tata Motors RACEMO Bags 2018 German Design Award
- Emotions Took Over When Pochettino Met Former Roommate Diego Maradona
- WhatsApp Live Location: Say Hi to This New Feature to Sour Your Relationships
- India vs New Zealand: Virat Kohli 'Bows' Before Bhuvneshwar Kumar