Rupee Recovers 16 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
The rupee recovered 16 paise to 66.69 against the US dollar in early trade today.
File photo of a man counting money. (Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee recovered 16 paise to 66.69 against the US dollar in early trade today at the Interbank Foreign Exchange market on fresh selling of the American currency by exporters.
Besides, increased foreign fund inflows also supported the rupee but a lower opening of the domestic equity market and the dollar's strength against some currencies overseas capped the gains, forex dealers said.
Yesterday, the rupee fell sharply by 39 paise – its biggest single-day fall in three months - against the US dollar to close at 66.85 after the Army announced that it had carried out "surgical strikes" on terror launch pads in Pakistan across LoC.
The benchmark BSE Sensex fell by 107.72 points, or 0.39 per cent, to 27,719.81 in early trade today.
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,130.50||-35.40||-1.63|
Recommended For You
- Klaasen & Duminy Keep South Africa Alive With Convincing Win in 2nd T20I
- Bhringraj: Nature’s Secret to Healthy Hair
- Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Looks Elegant As She Sports One Indian Outfit After Another; See Pics
- Reader's Query - Best Diesel Automatic Car under Rs 10 Lakhs - Maruti Suzuki Dzire ZDI AGS
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4 Review: A Complete LED Smart TV For Rs 39,999 in 2018