Rupee Recovers 16 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
The rupee recovered 16 paise to 66.69 against the US dollar in early trade today.
File photo of a man counting money. (Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee recovered 16 paise to 66.69 against the US dollar in early trade today at the Interbank Foreign Exchange market on fresh selling of the American currency by exporters.
Besides, increased foreign fund inflows also supported the rupee but a lower opening of the domestic equity market and the dollar's strength against some currencies overseas capped the gains, forex dealers said.
Yesterday, the rupee fell sharply by 39 paise – its biggest single-day fall in three months - against the US dollar to close at 66.85 after the Army announced that it had carried out "surgical strikes" on terror launch pads in Pakistan across LoC.
The benchmark BSE Sensex fell by 107.72 points, or 0.39 per cent, to 27,719.81 in early trade today.
|Power Grid Corp||198.85||-1.25||-0.62|
Recommended For You
- We Have Always Responded When Faced With Tough Situations: Rohit Sharma
- Watch: Even Jacqueline Can't Help But Admire Taimur's Overspilling Cuteness
- THE TIPPLING POINT | A Bohemian Affair: The Genesis of Pilsner in Three Acts
- Honor 7X vs Xiaomi Mi A1: The Visual Appeal Wins This Budget Battle For Honor
- TVS Apache RR 310 Vs KTM RC 390: Specs, Price, Features and Which One is a Better Sports Bike?