Rupee Runs Up More Losses, Down 8 Paise Against Dollar
The rupee weakened further by 8 paise to 66.59 against the dollar on Thursday following increased demand for the American currency from importers.
File photo of rupee.
Mumbai: The rupee weakened further by 8 paise to 66.59 against the dollar on Thursday following increased demand for the American currency from importers.
Forex dealers said strength of the dollar overseas also weighed, but a higher opening in the domestic equity market capped the losses.
On Wednwsday, the rupee had lost 5 paise to end at 66.51, halting its rally of three straight sessions on fresh demand for the American currency from importers and banks amid a bout of global risk aversion.
The benchmark BSE Sensex recovered 103.56 points, or 0.36 per cent, to 28,324.54 in early trade on Thursday.
|Bank of Baroda||183.55||+0.75||+0.41|
Recommended For You
- Aksar 2 Review: A Not Uninteresting Film Disfigured by a Spectacularly Failed Attempt at Eroticism
- BCCI Exploring Ways to Avoid Pakistan in ICC Test League
- Bigg Boss 11: Hina Khan to Get Evicted This Week?
- Tesla Semi Electric Truck Unveiled, Gets Electric Range of 800 Km
- Virat Kohli Joins Hands with Ola to Fight Against Pollution in Delhi-NCR