Rupee Runs Up More Losses, Down 8 Paise Against Dollar
The rupee weakened further by 8 paise to 66.59 against the dollar on Thursday following increased demand for the American currency from importers.
File photo of rupee.
Mumbai: The rupee weakened further by 8 paise to 66.59 against the dollar on Thursday following increased demand for the American currency from importers.
Forex dealers said strength of the dollar overseas also weighed, but a higher opening in the domestic equity market capped the losses.
On Wednwsday, the rupee had lost 5 paise to end at 66.51, halting its rally of three straight sessions on fresh demand for the American currency from importers and banks amid a bout of global risk aversion.
The benchmark BSE Sensex recovered 103.56 points, or 0.36 per cent, to 28,324.54 in early trade on Thursday.
Recommended For You
- Infosys Regrets Vishal Sikka’s Resignation; Issues Statement on His Current Role, Salary
- Top 5 Affordable Diesel Cars in India - Tata Tiago, Hyundai Grand i10 and more
- LFW 2017: Of Gaurang Shah's Nine-yard Canvas and Indian Weaves
- Industry Experts to Discuss Impact of Demonetisation, GST, RERA at Global Indian Realty Summit
- Australia Announce Squad for India ODI Tour, Injured Starc Out