Rupee Runs Up More Losses, Down 8 Paise Against Dollar
The rupee weakened further by 8 paise to 66.59 against the dollar on Thursday following increased demand for the American currency from importers.
File photo of rupee.
Mumbai: The rupee weakened further by 8 paise to 66.59 against the dollar on Thursday following increased demand for the American currency from importers.
Forex dealers said strength of the dollar overseas also weighed, but a higher opening in the domestic equity market capped the losses.
On Wednwsday, the rupee had lost 5 paise to end at 66.51, halting its rally of three straight sessions on fresh demand for the American currency from importers and banks amid a bout of global risk aversion.
The benchmark BSE Sensex recovered 103.56 points, or 0.36 per cent, to 28,324.54 in early trade on Thursday.
|Tata Motors (D)||241.40||+7.90||+3.38|
Recommended For You
- Gautam Gambhir Backed me When I Was Nobody: Kuldeep Yadav
- UM Commando Classic and Mojave First Ride Review: Royal Enfield Rival, Finally?
- Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Kiku Sharda Talk About The Kapil Sharma Show
- Elli Avrram Tells You About Exercises to Improve Flexibility
- A New Mother’s Guide: What To Do Once You Are Back Home With Your Baby