Rupee Runs Up More Losses, Down 8 Paise Against Dollar
File photo of rupee.
Mumbai: The rupee weakened further by 8 paise to 66.59 against the dollar on Thursday following increased demand for the American currency from importers.
Forex dealers said strength of the dollar overseas also weighed, but a higher opening in the domestic equity market capped the losses.
On Wednwsday, the rupee had lost 5 paise to end at 66.51, halting its rally of three straight sessions on fresh demand for the American currency from importers and banks amid a bout of global risk aversion.
The benchmark BSE Sensex recovered 103.56 points, or 0.36 per cent, to 28,324.54 in early trade on Thursday.
Recommended For You
- 'Slow Motion' MS Dhoni Teases Jason Holder During Second ODI
- Apple CEO Tim Cook And PM Modi Discuss Make in India iPhone SE
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno Races Past 2,00,000 Unit Sales Within 20 Months
- Team India Coach: Mahela Jayawardene Says He is Not In the Race
- Kohli & Boys Find the Perfect Place to Celebrate Win over Windies