Rupee Sheds 11 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
The rupee weakened by 11 paise to 68.57 against the dollar in early trade on Monday at the Interbank Foreign Exchange market on month-end demand for the American currency from importers.
Representative photo (Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee weakened by 11 paise to 68.57 against the dollar in early trade on Monday at the Interbank Foreign Exchange market on month-end demand for the American currency from importers.
Forex dealers said a lower opening of the domestic equity market also weighed on the rupee but the dollar's weakness against some currencies overseas capped the fall.
The rupee had rebound from a 39-month low by rising 27 paise at 68.46 on Friday, supported by aggressive selling of
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex fell 133.12 points or 0.50 per cent to 26,183.22 in early trade on Monday.
Recommended For You
- Umar Akmal Claims Pakistan Coach Arthur Abused Him
- Nokia 8 First Impressions Review: Will You Buy it For Rs 45,000 in October?
- A Gentleman: Jacqueline-Sidharth Set the Screen On Fire in Bandook Meri Laila
- It Takes 15 Minutes For Me To Return To Normalcy After a Show: Zakir Khan
- CoA Status Report Shows BCCI Top Officials' Expenditures Breach 1.5 Crore