Rupee Sheds 11 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
The rupee weakened by 11 paise to 68.57 against the dollar in early trade on Monday at the Interbank Foreign Exchange market on month-end demand for the American currency from importers.
Representative photo (Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee weakened by 11 paise to 68.57 against the dollar in early trade on Monday at the Interbank Foreign Exchange market on month-end demand for the American currency from importers.
Forex dealers said a lower opening of the domestic equity market also weighed on the rupee but the dollar's weakness against some currencies overseas capped the fall.
The rupee had rebound from a 39-month low by rising 27 paise at 68.46 on Friday, supported by aggressive selling of
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex fell 133.12 points or 0.50 per cent to 26,183.22 in early trade on Monday.
Recommended For You
- PadMan Becomes The First Indian Movie To Achieve This Incredible Feat, Thanks To Twinkle Khanna
- 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift Official Bookings Open for Rs 11,000
- Trade Analyst Komal Nahta Calls SC Decision On Padmaavat A Slap On Government's Face
- Kohli Second Indian Batsman to Reach 900 Points in ICC Rankings
- Suffering from Cold or Flu? Avoid these 5 Foods