Rupee Slips 5 Paise Against Dollar to 68.08
The rupee gave up 5 paise to trade 68.08 against the US dollar in early session on Monday, snapping its 3-day winning run, owing to month-end demand for the American currency from importers amid a lower opening in the stock market.
Representative image (PTI)
Mumbai: The rupee gave up 5 paise to trade 68.08 against the US dollar in early session on Monday, snapping its 3-day winning run, owing to month-end demand for the American currency from importers amid a lower opening in the stock market.
Forex dealers said increased demand for the US currency from importers put a squeeze on the rupee, but dollar's weakness against other currencies overseas capped the fall.
The rupee had firmed up by 4 paise to close at 68.03 against the US dollar on Friday amid modest dollar selling by banks and exporters.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex fell 34.71 points, or 0.12 per cent, to 27,847.75 in early trading on Monday.
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,306.25||-54.40||-2.30|
Recommended For You
- Zaheer Khan-Sagarika Ghatge: All You Need To Know About The Newlywed's Wedding Reception Invitation Card
- Virat Kohli & Co Sweat It Out at the Nets Ahead of Nagpur Test
- Firangi New Song: Gulbadan Is Perhaps The Most Awkward Mujra Song Ever
- OnePlus 5T vs Samsung Galaxy S8 [Specs]: The 'Flagship Killer' Certainly Lands a Few Death Blows
- The Journey of Manushi Chhillar: From Changing Lives To Winning The Crown