Rupee Slips to 64.45 Against Dollar in Opening Trade
The rupee on Tuesday saw a subdued start with a loss of just one paise at 64.45 against the US dollar. Strength in the dollar against other currencies overseas made the rupee keep a low profile.
Mumbai: The rupee on Tuesday saw a subdued start with a loss of just one paise at 64.45 against the US dollar. Strength in the dollar against other currencies overseas made the rupee keep a low profile.
Traders attributed the rupee's fall to increased demand for the US currency from importers and banks and a lower opening in the domestic equity market.
On Monday, the rupee was down 20 paise to end at a one- week low of 64.44 amid concerns about a probable Fed rate increase.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex fell 19.90 points, or 0.06 per cent, to 31,075.80 in opening trade on Tuesday.
Recommended For You
- No Guarantees on Selection Because of Our Bench Strength, Warns Kohli
- Top 5 Affordable Diesel Cars in India - Tata Tiago, Hyundai Grand i10 and more
- Simran: Kangana Ranaut's New Song Pinjra Tod Ke Will Uplift Your Spirit
- Soha's Baby Shower: Kareena, Karisma, Konkona Join In Celebrations
- Manish Pandey, Shardul Thakur Look to Make Most of Big Opportunity