Rupee Slips to 64.45 Against Dollar in Opening Trade
Mumbai: The rupee on Tuesday saw a subdued start with a loss of just one paise at 64.45 against the US dollar. Strength in the dollar against other currencies overseas made the rupee keep a low profile.
Traders attributed the rupee's fall to increased demand for the US currency from importers and banks and a lower opening in the domestic equity market.
On Monday, the rupee was down 20 paise to end at a one- week low of 64.44 amid concerns about a probable Fed rate increase.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex fell 19.90 points, or 0.06 per cent, to 31,075.80 in opening trade on Tuesday.
Recommended For You
- Malayalam Actress Kidnapping Case Takes Another Turn
- Jaguar Teases E-pace, to Make Global Debut on July 13th
- Mithali Raj Shatters World Record, Slams 7th Consecutive ODI Fifty
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From In the Name of God by Ravi Subramanian
- Here's All The Fictional Fitness Inspiration You Need This Weekend