Rupee Slips to 64.45 Against Dollar in Opening Trade
The rupee on Tuesday saw a subdued start with a loss of just one paise at 64.45 against the US dollar. Strength in the dollar against other currencies overseas made the rupee keep a low profile.
Mumbai: The rupee on Tuesday saw a subdued start with a loss of just one paise at 64.45 against the US dollar. Strength in the dollar against other currencies overseas made the rupee keep a low profile.
Traders attributed the rupee's fall to increased demand for the US currency from importers and banks and a lower opening in the domestic equity market.
On Monday, the rupee was down 20 paise to end at a one- week low of 64.44 amid concerns about a probable Fed rate increase.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex fell 19.90 points, or 0.06 per cent, to 31,075.80 in opening trade on Tuesday.
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,213.55||+17.75||+0.81|
Recommended For You
- Live Cricket Updates, New Zealand vs England 6th T20I in Hamilton: Grandhomme Gets Malan
- Anushka Showers Love On Virat After India Wins Over SA, Says 'What A Guy!'
- The Legend of Burnt Wine a.k.a Brandy Came From the Blandest of French Grapes
- Petra Kvitova Knocks Out Wozniacki to Set Up Qatar Final With Muguruza
- Randhir Kapoor Calls Out Paparazzi, Says 'Now Everyone Recognises Taimur's Maid Also'