Rupee Slips to 64.45 Against Dollar in Opening Trade
The rupee on Tuesday saw a subdued start with a loss of just one paise at 64.45 against the US dollar. Strength in the dollar against other currencies overseas made the rupee keep a low profile.
Mumbai: The rupee on Tuesday saw a subdued start with a loss of just one paise at 64.45 against the US dollar. Strength in the dollar against other currencies overseas made the rupee keep a low profile.
Traders attributed the rupee's fall to increased demand for the US currency from importers and banks and a lower opening in the domestic equity market.
On Monday, the rupee was down 20 paise to end at a one- week low of 64.44 amid concerns about a probable Fed rate increase.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex fell 19.90 points, or 0.06 per cent, to 31,075.80 in opening trade on Tuesday.
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,256.35||+63.45||+2.89|
Recommended For You
- Are Anil Kapoor, Juhi Chawla Uniting For Vidhu Vinod Chopra's Next?
- Virat Kohli-Anushka Sharma to Zaheer Khan-Sagarika Ghatge: Celebrity Weddings of 2017
- Happy Birthday Rajinikanth: Why the Most Celebrated Actor is a Source of Inspiration for Many
- Inside Virat Kohli-Anushka Sharma's Intimate Wedding Ceremony
- Jose Mourinho Involved in Brawl in City Change Room: Reports