Rupee Slumps 13 Paise Against US Dollar in Early Trade
(Image only for representational purpose)
Mumbai: Rupee was down 13 paise at 66.78 against the dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange on Monday.
Dealers attributed the rupee's fall to increased demand for the US currency from importers and banks and a lower opening in domestic equity market.
However, the dollar's weakness against the euro and yen, restricted the fall.
On Friday, the rupee had closed almost flat at 66.65 a dollar as currency traders restrained from taking any major positions ahead of the weekend, despite positive sentiments emerging from US Fed meeting where rates were left unchanged.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex fell by 149.22 points or 0.52 per cent to 28,519.00 in early deals.
Recommended For You
- Baba Ramdev's Dangal Dazzles Fans at PWL
- Bigg Boss 10: Om Swami to be a Part of Show's Finale
- Bigg Boss 10: Monalisa Gets Married to Boyfriend Vikrant in The House, See Pics
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 vs Lenovo P2 vs Honor 6X vs Vivo V5 Plus: All You Need to Know
- 5 Upcoming Smartphones With 8GB RAM: Samsung Galaxy S8, OnePlus 5, HTC 11 And More