Rupee Slumps 13 Paise Against US Dollar in Early Trade
(Image only for representational purpose)
Mumbai: Rupee was down 13 paise at 66.78 against the dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange on Monday.
Dealers attributed the rupee's fall to increased demand for the US currency from importers and banks and a lower opening in domestic equity market.
However, the dollar's weakness against the euro and yen, restricted the fall.
On Friday, the rupee had closed almost flat at 66.65 a dollar as currency traders restrained from taking any major positions ahead of the weekend, despite positive sentiments emerging from US Fed meeting where rates were left unchanged.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex fell by 149.22 points or 0.52 per cent to 28,519.00 in early deals.
Recommended For You
- CHAMPIONS!Women's T20 Asia Cup: India beat Pakistan by 17 Runs to Clinch Title
- Hacking Twitter's SecurityTwitter Hack: 10 Important Steps to Keep Your Account Safe
- Legal TroubleBigg Boss 10: Omji Maharaj Out of the House, To Appear Before Delhi Court
- EXCLUSIVE PICTURESSourav Ganguly - Dada of Gully Cricket
- Snapped!Virat-Anushka Are All Smiles As They Head Back From Yuvraj-Hazel Wedding