Rupee Slumps 13 Paise Against US Dollar in Early Trade
Rupee was down 13 paise at 66.78 against the dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange on Monday.
(Image only for representational purpose)
Mumbai: Rupee was down 13 paise at 66.78 against the dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange on Monday.
Dealers attributed the rupee's fall to increased demand for the US currency from importers and banks and a lower opening in domestic equity market.
However, the dollar's weakness against the euro and yen, restricted the fall.
On Friday, the rupee had closed almost flat at 66.65 a dollar as currency traders restrained from taking any major positions ahead of the weekend, despite positive sentiments emerging from US Fed meeting where rates were left unchanged.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex fell by 149.22 points or 0.52 per cent to 28,519.00 in early deals.
|Bank of Baroda||183.55||+0.75||+0.41|
Recommended For You
- India vs Sri Lanka: Shikhar Dhawan Falls Prey to Nervous 90s Again
- Deepika Padukone On Padmavati Row: I Feel Hurt, I Feel Angry
- Taapsee Pannu Gives It Back To Trolls Who Mocked Her For Wearing Short Dress
- Tesla Semi Electric Truck Unveiled, Gets Electric Range of 800 Km
- Chef Kunal Kapur Explores India Through Thalis in Latest Food Show