Rupee Strengthens 13 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
File photo of a man counting money. (Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee advanced 13 paise to 66.48 against the US dollar in early trade on Monday at the Interbank Foreign Exchange on increased selling of the American currency by exporters and banks.
Besides, a higher opening in the domestic equity market also supported the domestic unit, forex dealers said.
However, the dollar's strength against some currencies overseas capped the rupee's gains.
On Friday, the rupee had staged a resounding comeback to close higher by a whopping 24 paise at 66.61 on fresh dollar unwinding from banks and exporters.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rose 160.79 points, or 0.57 per cent, to 28,026.75 in early trade.
Recommended For You
- Bharat Stage 'BS' Emission Norms Explained, What Does it Mean and How Does it Impact You
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Black) Review: The Perfect Phone at Rs 12,999
- Johnson Takes Jibe at Kohli, Says Rahane Should Remain Captain
- Samsung Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8+ Launched, Shipping Starts From April 21, 2017
- Looking For a Solution For Everything Construction Related?