Rupee Strengthens 13 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
File photo of a man counting money. (Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee advanced 13 paise to 66.48 against the US dollar in early trade on Monday at the Interbank Foreign Exchange on increased selling of the American currency by exporters and banks.
Besides, a higher opening in the domestic equity market also supported the domestic unit, forex dealers said.
However, the dollar's strength against some currencies overseas capped the rupee's gains.
On Friday, the rupee had staged a resounding comeback to close higher by a whopping 24 paise at 66.61 on fresh dollar unwinding from banks and exporters.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rose 160.79 points, or 0.57 per cent, to 28,026.75 in early trade.
Recommended For You
- Australian Open 2017: Rafael Nadal Outlasts Zverev in Titanic Battle
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4: 2GB vs 3GB vs 4GB RAM, Which One Should You Buy?
- Alia-Sidharth Look Smitten as They Arrive For a Wedding Reception Together
- Can Team England Break the Eden Gardens Jinx?
- Why Sushant Singh Rajput Is The Most Promising Bollywood Actor Right Now