Rupee Strengthens 13 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
The rupee advanced 13 paise to 66.48 against the US dollar in early trade on Monday.
File photo of a man counting money. (Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee advanced 13 paise to 66.48 against the US dollar in early trade on Monday at the Interbank Foreign Exchange on increased selling of the American currency by exporters and banks.
Besides, a higher opening in the domestic equity market also supported the domestic unit, forex dealers said.
However, the dollar's strength against some currencies overseas capped the rupee's gains.
On Friday, the rupee had staged a resounding comeback to close higher by a whopping 24 paise at 66.61 on fresh dollar unwinding from banks and exporters.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rose 160.79 points, or 0.57 per cent, to 28,026.75 in early trade.
Recommended For You
- Padmaavat Ban to Stay, Government to Take Next Step After Studying SC Order: MP Home Minister
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Looks Spectacular As A Bride In This Viral Post; See Pics
- 'We Have Jobs To Do': Twitter Rejects Milind Soman's 7-Hour Marathon Proposal
- These Qualities will Determine If You're a Morning or Night Person
- Suffering from Cold or Flu? Avoid these 5 Foods