Rupee Strengthens 13 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
The rupee advanced 13 paise to 66.48 against the US dollar in early trade on Monday.
File photo of a man counting money. (Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee advanced 13 paise to 66.48 against the US dollar in early trade on Monday at the Interbank Foreign Exchange on increased selling of the American currency by exporters and banks.
Besides, a higher opening in the domestic equity market also supported the domestic unit, forex dealers said.
However, the dollar's strength against some currencies overseas capped the rupee's gains.
On Friday, the rupee had staged a resounding comeback to close higher by a whopping 24 paise at 66.61 on fresh dollar unwinding from banks and exporters.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rose 160.79 points, or 0.57 per cent, to 28,026.75 in early trade.
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,306.25||-54.40||-2.30|
Recommended For You
- Neymar Angered By Questions Related to Transfer to Real Madrid
- India vs Sri Lanka: Lakmal Ready to Trouble Hosts Again In Nagpur
- Virat Kohli Heaps Praise on 'Back-up' All-rounder Vijay Shankar
- Historic First For Indian Pacers at Eden Gardens, as Spinners Draw Blank
- The Journey of Manushi Chhillar: From Changing Lives To Winning The Crown