DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rupee Strengthens 13 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
File photo of a man counting money. (Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee advanced 13 paise to 66.48 against the US dollar in early trade on Monday at the Interbank Foreign Exchange on increased selling of the American currency by exporters and banks.
Besides, a higher opening in the domestic equity market also supported the domestic unit, forex dealers said.
However, the dollar's strength against some currencies overseas capped the rupee's gains.
On Friday, the rupee had staged a resounding comeback to close higher by a whopping 24 paise at 66.61 on fresh dollar unwinding from banks and exporters.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rose 160.79 points, or 0.57 per cent, to 28,026.75 in early trade.
Recommended For You
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh