Rupee Strengthens 13 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
File photo of a man counting money. (Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee advanced 13 paise to 66.48 against the US dollar in early trade on Monday at the Interbank Foreign Exchange on increased selling of the American currency by exporters and banks.
Besides, a higher opening in the domestic equity market also supported the domestic unit, forex dealers said.
However, the dollar's strength against some currencies overseas capped the rupee's gains.
On Friday, the rupee had staged a resounding comeback to close higher by a whopping 24 paise at 66.61 on fresh dollar unwinding from banks and exporters.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rose 160.79 points, or 0.57 per cent, to 28,026.75 in early trade.
Recommended For You
- Bumrah Hits Out at Jaipur Police Ad Mocking Him
- Jagga Jasoos: Katrina, Ranbir Look Adorable in the New Song Jhumritalaiyya
- Hockey World League: India Thrash Pak 6-1, to Face Canada in 5th-6th Playoff
- Jaguar Teases E-pace, to Make Global Debut on July 13th
- Jason Roy Dismissed in the Most Unusual Way Against Proteas