Rupee Strengthens 13 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
File photo of a man counting money. (Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee advanced 13 paise to 66.48 against the US dollar in early trade on Monday at the Interbank Foreign Exchange on increased selling of the American currency by exporters and banks.
Besides, a higher opening in the domestic equity market also supported the domestic unit, forex dealers said.
However, the dollar's strength against some currencies overseas capped the rupee's gains.
On Friday, the rupee had staged a resounding comeback to close higher by a whopping 24 paise at 66.61 on fresh dollar unwinding from banks and exporters.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rose 160.79 points, or 0.57 per cent, to 28,026.75 in early trade.
Recommended For You
- BOOM BOOM BECKERTennis Legend Boris Becker to Visit India in December
- POWER PACKEDLenovo K6 Power Review: A Complete Budget Android Phone Under Rs 10,000
- On Fire!Koffee With Karan: Parineeti Outshines Aditya With Her Wit And Charm
- SPIN TO WINIndia vs England: Wankhede Track Will Be Slow Turner, Says MCA Source
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet