Rupee Strengthens 13 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
File photo of a man counting money. (Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee advanced 13 paise to 66.48 against the US dollar in early trade on Monday at the Interbank Foreign Exchange on increased selling of the American currency by exporters and banks.
Besides, a higher opening in the domestic equity market also supported the domestic unit, forex dealers said.
However, the dollar's strength against some currencies overseas capped the rupee's gains.
On Friday, the rupee had staged a resounding comeback to close higher by a whopping 24 paise at 66.61 on fresh dollar unwinding from banks and exporters.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rose 160.79 points, or 0.57 per cent, to 28,026.75 in early trade.
Recommended For You
- Honor 8 Pro First Look: The 6GB RAM Competitor to OnePlus 3t
- FIFA Fines Brazil, Argentina, Mexico for Homophobic Chanting
- Remembering Vinod Khanna: 15 Films That Celebrate The Actor's Legacy
- Kareena, Karisma, Malaika, Amrita Step Out In Style For Brunch, See Pics
- Facebook's Adit Vaidya, On How Groups Can Help 184 Million Monthly Active Indian Users