Rupee Tumbles 24 Paise, Stronger Equities Restrict Fall
Reversing its 4-day climb, the rupee fell 24 paise to 65.65 against the dollar on Friday as the American currency got some of its lure back among banks and importers.
Representative image (PTI Photo)
Mumbai: Reversing its 4-day climb, the rupee fell 24 paise to 65.65 against the dollar on Friday as the American currency got some of its lure back among banks and importers.
The dollar's strength overseas weighed, but a higher opening in domestic equities cushioned the impact.
The rupee had gained 28 paise to close at a fresh 16-month high of 65.41 yesterday after the US Fed stuck to its stance of a gradual approach on future rate hikes.
The Sensex rallied 238.77 points, or 0.80 per cent, to 29,824.62 in early part of the session.
Recommended For You
- Australian Open: 15-year-old Marta Kostyuk's Winning Streak Takes Her to 3rd Round
- Brazil Legend Ronaldinho Hangs Up His Boots, Says Brother
- Aziz Ansari Sexual Assault: The Confusing Case of Consent and Privilege
- Amazon Great Indian Sale: Top Upcoming Deals on Smartphones, Electronics, Games And More
- Deepika Padukone, Kangana Ranaut Look Spectacular In Sabyasachi Sarees; See Pics