Rupee Tumbles 24 Paise, Stronger Equities Restrict Fall
Reversing its 4-day climb, the rupee fell 24 paise to 65.65 against the dollar on Friday as the American currency got some of its lure back among banks and importers.
Representative image (PTI Photo)
Mumbai: Reversing its 4-day climb, the rupee fell 24 paise to 65.65 against the dollar on Friday as the American currency got some of its lure back among banks and importers.
The dollar's strength overseas weighed, but a higher opening in domestic equities cushioned the impact.
The rupee had gained 28 paise to close at a fresh 16-month high of 65.41 yesterday after the US Fed stuck to its stance of a gradual approach on future rate hikes.
The Sensex rallied 238.77 points, or 0.80 per cent, to 29,824.62 in early part of the session.
Recommended For You
- Usain Bolt Says He's Serious About a Soccer Career
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover Appear In a Steamy Condom Advertisement
- Tata Motors RACEMO Bags 2018 German Design Award
- WhatsApp Live Location: Say Hi to This New Feature to Sour Your Relationships
- Deepika Padukone Kickstarts Padmavati Promotions In Style, See Pic