Rupee Tumbles 24 Paise, Stronger Equities Restrict Fall
Representative image (PTI Photo)
Mumbai: Reversing its 4-day climb, the rupee fell 24 paise to 65.65 against the dollar on Friday as the American currency got some of its lure back among banks and importers.
The dollar's strength overseas weighed, but a higher opening in domestic equities cushioned the impact.
The rupee had gained 28 paise to close at a fresh 16-month high of 65.41 yesterday after the US Fed stuck to its stance of a gradual approach on future rate hikes.
The Sensex rallied 238.77 points, or 0.80 per cent, to 29,824.62 in early part of the session.
Recommended For You
- Apple CEO Tim Cook And PM Modi Discuss Make in India iPhone SE
- 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift Review: A Charming Drive, For Drivers and Drivens Alike
- Antalya Open: Ramkumar Stuns World Number 8 Thiem to Enter Quarters
- Ivanka Trump Fashion Choices: 12 Times Trump's Daughter Made Headlines
- Watch The 'Tech And Auto Show': Jeep Compass, Yamaha FZ25, One Plus 5 & More