Rupee Tumbles 24 Paise, Stronger Equities Restrict Fall
Reversing its 4-day climb, the rupee fell 24 paise to 65.65 against the dollar on Friday as the American currency got some of its lure back among banks and importers.
Representative image (PTI Photo)
Mumbai: Reversing its 4-day climb, the rupee fell 24 paise to 65.65 against the dollar on Friday as the American currency got some of its lure back among banks and importers.
The dollar's strength overseas weighed, but a higher opening in domestic equities cushioned the impact.
The rupee had gained 28 paise to close at a fresh 16-month high of 65.41 yesterday after the US Fed stuck to its stance of a gradual approach on future rate hikes.
The Sensex rallied 238.77 points, or 0.80 per cent, to 29,824.62 in early part of the session.
Recommended For You
- Cristiano Ronaldo Loses Appeal Against 5-match Ban
- A Gentleman: Jacqueline-Sidharth Set the Screen On Fire in Bandook Meri Laila
- LFW 2017: Disha Patani Looks Edgy As She Walks The Ramp For Ritu Kumar
- This Model's Journey is a Step Towards Embracing Curves In Fashion Industry
- MS Dhoni to Start Cricket Coaching Academy in Dubai