Rupee Tumbles 24 Paise, Stronger Equities Restrict Fall
Representative image (PTI Photo)
Mumbai: Reversing its 4-day climb, the rupee fell 24 paise to 65.65 against the dollar on Friday as the American currency got some of its lure back among banks and importers.
The dollar's strength overseas weighed, but a higher opening in domestic equities cushioned the impact.
The rupee had gained 28 paise to close at a fresh 16-month high of 65.41 yesterday after the US Fed stuck to its stance of a gradual approach on future rate hikes.
The Sensex rallied 238.77 points, or 0.80 per cent, to 29,824.62 in early part of the session.
Recommended For You
- New Chevrolet Beat to Launch in India on May 25
- Salman Khan's Tubelight Might Not Release on Eid in Pakistan
- IPL 2017: Dravid Backs 'Skipper' Karun After Crushing KXIP Defeat
- Priyanka to Rajkummar: Bollywood Actors Who've Mastered Roles in Disguise
- IPL 2017: SRH vs KKR - Star of the Match- David Warner