Rupee up 11 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
Representative Image (Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee appreciated by 11 paise to 66.83 against the dollar in early trade Friday at the Interbank Foreign Exchange on fresh selling of the American currency by exporters.
Besides, the retail inflation in September dropping to 13-month low of 4.31 per cent and a higher opening of the domestic equity market also supported the rupee, but dollar's strength against some currencies overseas capped the gains, forex dealers said.
The rupee had lost 41 paise, its biggest one-day fall in over three months, to close at fresh three-week low of 66.94 against the dollar yesterday on renewed concerns over potential interest rate hike by the US Federal Reserve.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex recovered by 69.68 points, or 0.25 per cent, to 27,712.79 points in early trade today.
Recommended For You
- MARCHING ORDERS?MCC Recommends Red Card Suspension in Cricket, Limit To Bat Size
- Youtube rewindRajnikanth's Kabali Trailer: The Most Watched Movie Trailer on YouTube in 2016
- Making of AmmaA Viral Post on Jayalalithaa Highlights the Odds She Fought to Become Tamil Nadu's Iron Lady
- ExplosiveRaees Trailer: 6 Explosive Dialogues That Sum up SRK's Character Perfectly
- YouTube RewindTop 10 YouTube Videos of 2016: Kala Chashma is The Most Watched Music Video