Rupee up 13 paise against dollar in early trade
The rupee had gained 45 paise to close at nearly three-month high of 53.80 against the dollar.
Mumbai: Continuing its gains for the third consecutive session, the rupee on Thursday rose by 13 paise to 53.67 against the dollar in early trade on the Interbank Foreign Exchange market, on sustained selling of the US currency by exporters. Forex dealers said euro's gains against the dollar after the US Federal Reserve opted to keep its easy-money policies in place on the back of lacklustre economic data, also supported the rupee.
The rupee had gained 45 paise to close at nearly three-month high of 53.80 against the dollar in the previous session on Tuesday. The Forex and money markets were closed on Wednesday for 'Maharashtra Day'.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark index Sensex fell by 52.92 points, or 0.27 per cent, to 19,451.26 in early trade on Thursday.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Pre-birthday Party
- Anaarkali of Aarah: Karan Johar Unveils Swara's Never-seen-before Avatar