Rupee up 13 paise against dollar in early trade
The rupee had gained 45 paise to close at nearly three-month high of 53.80 against the dollar.
Mumbai: Continuing its gains for the third consecutive session, the rupee on Thursday rose by 13 paise to 53.67 against the dollar in early trade on the Interbank Foreign Exchange market, on sustained selling of the US currency by exporters. Forex dealers said euro's gains against the dollar after the US Federal Reserve opted to keep its easy-money policies in place on the back of lacklustre economic data, also supported the rupee.
The rupee had gained 45 paise to close at nearly three-month high of 53.80 against the dollar in the previous session on Tuesday. The Forex and money markets were closed on Wednesday for 'Maharashtra Day'.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark index Sensex fell by 52.92 points, or 0.27 per cent, to 19,451.26 in early trade on Thursday.
- India vs New Zealand Live: Virat Kohli's India look to Wrap Series, Regain No.1 Spot
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- War over airfare intensifies; will DGCA step in?
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18