DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rupee up 15 paise against dollar in early trade
Strengthening of the euro against the dollar overseas also supported the rupee, forex dealers said.
Mumbai: The rupee on Monday strengthened by 15 paise to 54.34 against the dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange, on selling of the US currency by exporters and banks and strong capital inflows. Besides a higher opening in the domestic equity market and continued capital inflows, strengthening of the euro against the dollar overseas also supported the rupee, forex dealers said.
The rupee had bounced back by 27 paise to end at one-week high of 54.49 against the US dollar Monday as government delayed the implementation of controversial GAAR and a fall in wholesale inflation for December boosted rate cut hopes. Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark Sensex breached the 20,000-mark for after 2011 but immediately slipped to trade 31.60 points, 0.16 per cent higher at 19,938.01.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet