DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rupee up 29 paise against dollar in early trade
Forex dealers said sustained foreign capital inflows also supported the rupee.
Mumbai: The rupee appreciated by 29 paise to trade at 59.79 against the US dollar in early trade on Monday on selling of the American currency by banks.
Forex dealers said sustained foreign capital inflows also supported the rupee but a lower opening in the domestic equity market and dollar gains against the euro limited the gains.
The rupee had rose by eight paise to close at 60.08 against the dollar on Friday on fresh selling of the US currency by exporters and some banks notwithstanding weakness in local equities and firm greenback overseas.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex fell 39.77 points, or 0.17 per cent, to 22,319.73 in early trade on Monday.
Recommended For You
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users