Rupee up 29 paise against dollar in early trade
Forex dealers said sustained foreign capital inflows also supported the rupee.
Mumbai: The rupee appreciated by 29 paise to trade at 59.79 against the US dollar in early trade on Monday on selling of the American currency by banks.
Forex dealers said sustained foreign capital inflows also supported the rupee but a lower opening in the domestic equity market and dollar gains against the euro limited the gains.
The rupee had rose by eight paise to close at 60.08 against the dollar on Friday on fresh selling of the US currency by exporters and some banks notwithstanding weakness in local equities and firm greenback overseas.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex fell 39.77 points, or 0.17 per cent, to 22,319.73 in early trade on Monday.
Recommended For You
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: Centurion MS Dhoni Guides Jharkhand To Win
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion