Rupee up 3 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
A man counting money at his workplace.
Mumbai: Rupee edged higher by 3 paise to 66.98 against the dollar in early trade today at the Interbank Foreign Exchange on fresh selling of the US currency by banks and exporters.
Forex dealers said that a higher opening in domestic equity market and a weak dollar against yen and other currencies overseas supported the rupee.
The rupee had depreciated by 5 paise to end at 67.01 against the American currency in yesterday's trade amid uncertainty over the Fed rate-hike action scheduled for later in the day.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex recovered 44.02 points or 0.15 per cent to 28,567.22 in early trade.
Rupee edged higher by 3 paise to 66.98 against the dollar in early trade on Wednesday at the Interbank Foreign Exchange on fresh selling of the US currency by banks and exporters.
Recommended For You
- Moment of Reckoning For Kohli, Smith and Dharamsala
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis Review: Is It The Car For You?
- Xiaomi Redmi 4A Review: An Affordable Redmi 3S Facelift
- India Isn't Comfortable With Women Who Are Unapologetic About Their Sexuality: Swara Bhaskar
- Alia-Sidharth, Sonakshi-Bunty and Others Attend Anushka's Phillauri Special Screening