Rupee up 8 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
The rupee recovered by 8 paise to 67.86 against the dollar in early trade today on fresh selling of the US currency by exporters and banks amid a higher opening in the domestic equity market.
Representative image. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee recovered by 8 paise to 67.86 against the dollar in early trade on Thursday on fresh selling of the US currency by exporters and banks amid a higher opening in the domestic equity market.
Forex dealers said weakness in the dollar against other currencies overseas on disappointing US economic data -- showing wholesale inflation and industrial production flat in October -- also supported the rupee.
On Wednesday, the rupee had lost 20 paise to end at near five-month low of 67.94 against the US currency in a highly volatile trade amid unabated dollar outflows.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex recovered by 134.38 points, or 0.51 per cent, to 26,433.07 in early session on Thursday.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 11: This Is What Hina Has To Say About Her Marriage Plans With Boyfriend Rocky
- Ton-up Virat Kohli Joins Idol Sachin Tendulkar on Honours Board in Centurion
- Shaitan Haveli Review: Amazon Prime's A-Grade Tribute to B-Grade Horror
- New Zealand vs Pakistan, 4th ODI at Hamilton, Highlights: As it Happened
- Suffering from Cold or Flu? Avoid these 5 Foods