Rupee up 8 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
Representative image. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee recovered by 8 paise to 67.86 against the dollar in early trade on Thursday on fresh selling of the US currency by exporters and banks amid a higher opening in the domestic equity market.
Forex dealers said weakness in the dollar against other currencies overseas on disappointing US economic data -- showing wholesale inflation and industrial production flat in October -- also supported the rupee.
On Wednesday, the rupee had lost 20 paise to end at near five-month low of 67.94 against the US currency in a highly volatile trade amid unabated dollar outflows.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex recovered by 134.38 points, or 0.51 per cent, to 26,433.07 in early session on Thursday.
Recommended For You
- Irfan Pathan Replaces Dwayne Bravo in Gujarat Lions Squad
- LG G6 vs Samsung Galaxy S8: It's Beauty vs Toughness
- Sonakshi Sinha-Armaan Malik Twitter Spat: Why This Debate Needs Attention
- When Wankhede Sung 'Happy Birthday' for Sachin Tendulkar
- Tanmay Bhat Writes a Heartfelt Note to Sachin Tendulkar on His Birthday