Rupee up 8 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
Representative image. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee recovered by 8 paise to 67.86 against the dollar in early trade on Thursday on fresh selling of the US currency by exporters and banks amid a higher opening in the domestic equity market.
Forex dealers said weakness in the dollar against other currencies overseas on disappointing US economic data -- showing wholesale inflation and industrial production flat in October -- also supported the rupee.
On Wednesday, the rupee had lost 20 paise to end at near five-month low of 67.94 against the US currency in a highly volatile trade amid unabated dollar outflows.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex recovered by 134.38 points, or 0.51 per cent, to 26,433.07 in early session on Thursday.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Receives Special Gift From MS Dhoni After Beating England
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4: 2GB vs 3GB vs 4GB RAM, Which One Should You Buy?
- West Bengal Tourism Ad Featuring SRK Is Winning the Internet With Its Sweetness
- Bigg Boss 10: When Salman Khan's Thunder Was Stolen by His Nephew Ahil
- Yamaha R15 v3.0 Revealed, India Launch Likely Later This Year