Rupee up 8 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
Representative image. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee recovered by 8 paise to 67.86 against the dollar in early trade on Thursday on fresh selling of the US currency by exporters and banks amid a higher opening in the domestic equity market.
Forex dealers said weakness in the dollar against other currencies overseas on disappointing US economic data -- showing wholesale inflation and industrial production flat in October -- also supported the rupee.
On Wednesday, the rupee had lost 20 paise to end at near five-month low of 67.94 against the US currency in a highly volatile trade amid unabated dollar outflows.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex recovered by 134.38 points, or 0.51 per cent, to 26,433.07 in early session on Thursday.
Recommended For You
- R Ashwin Breaks Steyn's Record of Most Wickets in a Season
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis Review: Is It The Car For You?
- Begum Jaan First Song Echoes Pain of Heartbreak in Asha Bhosle's Magical Voice
- Gionee A1 Review: A Phone That's Custom Made For Selfie Lovers
- Kohli Tells 'Emotional' Kuldeep to Keep Going After Warner Wicket