Rupee erases gains against dollar; steady at 54.36
Renewed dollar demand from banks and importers on the back of stronger dollar in the global market affected the rupee value against the dollar.
Mumbai: The rupee erased initial gains and was quoting steady at 54.36 against the dollar today on fresh demand for the American currency from banks as it strengthened in the overseas forex markets. The rupee resumed stronger at 54.30 a dollar as against the last closing level of 54.36 at the Interbank Foreign Exchange (Forex) Market.
It moved between 54.27 and 54.37 before quoting at Thursday's closing level at 1040 hrs. Renewed dollar demand from banks and importers on the back of stronger dollar in the global market affected the rupee value against the dollar, a forex dealer said.
In New York, the dollar extended gains for the second day yesterday amid concerns over the US 'fiscal cliff' and Europe's debt crisis, which pulled down the euro.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology