Rupee Weakens 8 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
The rupee weakened by 8 paise to 65.44 against the US dollar in early trade today at the Interbank Foreign Exchange due to appreciation of the American currency overseas.
Image for representative purposes only
Mumbai: The rupee weakened by 8 paise to 65.44 against the US dollar in early trade today at the Interbank Foreign Exchange due to appreciation of the American currency overseas.
Dealers attributed the rupee's fall to increased demand for the US currency from importers.
However, a higher opening in the domestic equity market capped the losses.
The rupee had closed yesterday at a fresh 16-month high of 65.36 against the greenback in the face of dollar unwinding from exporters and banks.
Meanwhile, the benchmark Sensex recovered by 56.92 points, or 0.19 percent, to 29,575.66 in early trade.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 11: Twitter Loses Its Collective Calm As Hina Khan Calls Africa a 'Country'
- Convert Isuzu D-Max V-Cross to a Moving Home For Rs 2.05 Lakhs
- Murder Most Filmed: Beyond Yevadu, These Films Inspired Real-Life Crimes
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Slays It In A Red Bodycon Dress At Soha Ali Khan's Book Launch Event
- Triumph Bonneville Bobber Review: The Best Motorcycle in India For Less Than Rs 10 Lakh?