Rupee Weakens 8 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
The rupee weakened by 8 paise to 65.44 against the US dollar in early trade today at the Interbank Foreign Exchange due to appreciation of the American currency overseas.
Image for representative purposes only
Mumbai: The rupee weakened by 8 paise to 65.44 against the US dollar in early trade today at the Interbank Foreign Exchange due to appreciation of the American currency overseas.
Dealers attributed the rupee's fall to increased demand for the US currency from importers.
However, a higher opening in the domestic equity market capped the losses.
The rupee had closed yesterday at a fresh 16-month high of 65.36 against the greenback in the face of dollar unwinding from exporters and banks.
Meanwhile, the benchmark Sensex recovered by 56.92 points, or 0.19 percent, to 29,575.66 in early trade.
Recommended For You
- Super Cup: Ronaldo-less Real Madrid Complete Rout of Barcelona
- Nokia 8 First Impressions Review: Will You Buy it For Rs 45,000 in October?
- Top Car Discounts for August 2017
- Youth is Making More Conscious Choices: Anavila On Sustainable Fashion
- Priyanka Chopra Trolled For Sporting A Tricolour Scarf On Independence Day