Rupee Weakens 8 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
The rupee weakened by 8 paise to 65.44 against the US dollar in early trade today at the Interbank Foreign Exchange due to appreciation of the American currency overseas.
Image for representative purposes only
Mumbai: The rupee weakened by 8 paise to 65.44 against the US dollar in early trade today at the Interbank Foreign Exchange due to appreciation of the American currency overseas.
Dealers attributed the rupee's fall to increased demand for the US currency from importers.
However, a higher opening in the domestic equity market capped the losses.
The rupee had closed yesterday at a fresh 16-month high of 65.36 against the greenback in the face of dollar unwinding from exporters and banks.
Meanwhile, the benchmark Sensex recovered by 56.92 points, or 0.19 percent, to 29,575.66 in early trade.
Recommended For You
- WhatsApp Live Location: Say Hi to This New Feature to Sour Your Relationships
- 10 Reasons to Watch 'Secret Superstar' This Diwali
- Top 10 Cars Sold in September 2017 - Maruti Suzuki Dzire, Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Creta & More
- Pakistan's Mohammad Hafeez Reported for Suspect Bowling Action
- Aamir Khan is the Real Owner of Twitter: KRK Hits Back After His Account Suspension