Sahara Housingfina Corp, Sahara One Media stocks crash
Shares of Sahara Housingfina Corporation plunged 19.11 per cent, while Sahara One Media & Entertainment tumbled 4.81 per cent.
Mumbai: Shares of Sahara Housingfina Corporation and Sahara One Media & Entertainment today tanked as much as 19 per cent after Sebi ordered freezing of bank accounts and attachment of all investments and properties of two group firms and their top executives. Following this, Sahara group's only listed firms -- Sahara Housingfina and Sahara One Media -- fell sharply even as the group claimed the actions taken by Sebi were based on "old facts" and the orders for attaching assets of individuals was incorrect on part of the market regulator.
Shares of Sahara Housingfina Corporation plunged 19.11 per cent to Rs 44 -- its 52 week low on the BSE. Similarly, Sahara One Media and Entertainment tumbled 4.81 per cent to hit an one-year low of Rs 82.10.
Coming down heavily on Saharas in investor refund case involving over Rs 24,000 crore, regulator Sebi last night ordered freezing of bank accounts and attachment of all investments and properties of two Sahara firms and their top executives, including group chief Subrata Roy. The assets being attached include those related to the group's Aambey Valley resort town near Pune, other real estate assets in Delhi, Mumbai and at other places across the country, shares, mutual funds and various other investments.
Passing two separate orders, together running into 160 pages, against Sahara Housing Investment Corporation Ltd (SHICL) and Sahara India Real Estate Corporation Ltd (SIRECL), Sebi has said that the two companies had raised Rs 6,380 crore and Rs 19,400 crore, respectively, from bondholders and "various illegalities" were committed in raising of these funds.
With regard to Subrata Roy and three other directors, namely Vandana Bhargava, Ravi Shanker Dubey and Ashok Roy Choudhary, Sebi ordered freezing of all bank and demat accounts of these four persons, as also attachment of all movable and immovable properties in their name with immediate effect.
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP