DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
SAIL Q3 profit slips 23 per cent, misses estimates
SAIL said, December quarter net profit fell to 4.84 billion rupees from 6.3 billion a year earlier.
Mumbai: State-owned Steel Authority of India reported a 23 per cent drop in quarterly profit, weighed by higher input and wage costs and sluggish sales.
SAIL, India's largest domestic steel producer, said December quarter net profit fell to 4.84 billion rupees from 6.3 billion a year earlier. Net sales fell marginally to 104.95 billion rupees.
Analysts on average had forecast a net profit of 5.7 billion rupees, according to Thomson Reuters Starmine data.
At 2.20 pm (0850 GMT), SAIL shares were trading 0.5 per cent lower in a firm Mumbai market.
Recommended For You
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO