SAIL Q3 profit slips 23 per cent, misses estimates
SAIL said, December quarter net profit fell to 4.84 billion rupees from 6.3 billion a year earlier.
Mumbai: State-owned Steel Authority of India reported a 23 per cent drop in quarterly profit, weighed by higher input and wage costs and sluggish sales.
SAIL, India's largest domestic steel producer, said December quarter net profit fell to 4.84 billion rupees from 6.3 billion a year earlier. Net sales fell marginally to 104.95 billion rupees.
Analysts on average had forecast a net profit of 5.7 billion rupees, according to Thomson Reuters Starmine data.
At 2.20 pm (0850 GMT), SAIL shares were trading 0.5 per cent lower in a firm Mumbai market.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1