Saudi Telecom acquires stake in Maxis
Saudi Telecom has acquired 25 per cent stake in Maxis Communications.
New Delhi: Dow Jones reports say Arab's largest telecom firm Saudi Telecom has acquired 25 per cent stake in Maxis Communications.
Saudi Telecom will also buy a 51 per cent direct stake in Maxis' Indonesian unit. The whole deal is worth $3.04 billion.
This indirectly gives Saudi Telecom an 18 per cent stake in India's Aircel.
Maxis is Malaysia's largest mobile operator which holds 74 per cent stake in Aircel.
Aircel currently operates in eight circles and has also applied for a Pan-India license. The deal still requires a final nod from the concerned authorities.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Wayne Rooney Edges Closer to Chinese Super League
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show