DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
SBI cuts base rate by 5 basis points
The new base rate will be effective from February 4, the bank said in a statement.
Mumbai: State Bank of India, the country's top lender, has cut its key lending rate, or base rate, by 5 basis points, R Venkatachalam, deputy managing director at the bank, said. The base rate now stands at 9.7 per cent.
The new base rate will be effective from February 4, the bank said in a statement. The Reserve Bank of India cut a key policy rate by 25 basis points on Tuesday to help support an economy set to post its slowest annual growth rate in a decade.
"It worked out to only 5 basis points. We are passing on the entire benefit," Venkatachalam said.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi