SBI cuts base rate by 5 basis points
The new base rate will be effective from February 4, the bank said in a statement.
Mumbai: State Bank of India, the country's top lender, has cut its key lending rate, or base rate, by 5 basis points, R Venkatachalam, deputy managing director at the bank, said. The base rate now stands at 9.7 per cent.
The new base rate will be effective from February 4, the bank said in a statement. The Reserve Bank of India cut a key policy rate by 25 basis points on Tuesday to help support an economy set to post its slowest annual growth rate in a decade.
"It worked out to only 5 basis points. We are passing on the entire benefit," Venkatachalam said.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance