DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
SBI cuts base rate by 5 basis points
The new base rate will be effective from February 4, the bank said in a statement.
Mumbai: State Bank of India, the country's top lender, has cut its key lending rate, or base rate, by 5 basis points, R Venkatachalam, deputy managing director at the bank, said. The base rate now stands at 9.7 per cent.
The new base rate will be effective from February 4, the bank said in a statement. The Reserve Bank of India cut a key policy rate by 25 basis points on Tuesday to help support an economy set to post its slowest annual growth rate in a decade.
"It worked out to only 5 basis points. We are passing on the entire benefit," Venkatachalam said.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet