SBI third-quarter net rises 4 per cent
Standalone net profit rose to Rs 3396 crore for the quarter ended December, from Rs 3260 crore a year earlier.
Mumbai: State Bank of India, the country's biggest lender, reported a 4 per cent gain in quarterly net profit, the smallest increase in more than a year, as higher provisions for bad loans and slower loan demand hurt growth.
Standalone net profit rose to Rs 3396 crore for the quarter ended December, from Rs 3260 crore a year earlier, the bank said on Thursday. Analysts, on average, had expected a net profit of Rs 3696 crore.
SBI's standalone non-performing loan ratio of 2.59 per cent of assets for the quarter compared with 2.2 percent a year earlier.
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"