SBI third-quarter net rises 4 per cent
Standalone net profit rose to Rs 3396 crore for the quarter ended December, from Rs 3260 crore a year earlier.
Mumbai: State Bank of India, the country's biggest lender, reported a 4 per cent gain in quarterly net profit, the smallest increase in more than a year, as higher provisions for bad loans and slower loan demand hurt growth.
Standalone net profit rose to Rs 3396 crore for the quarter ended December, from Rs 3260 crore a year earlier, the bank said on Thursday. Analysts, on average, had expected a net profit of Rs 3696 crore.
SBI's standalone non-performing loan ratio of 2.59 per cent of assets for the quarter compared with 2.2 percent a year earlier.
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Shivaay Advance Bookings Have Been Phenomenal: Reports
- Don't Have Grace in Dancing: Ajay Devgn
- We All Felt Golmaal 2 Was a Crap Film: Ajay Devgn
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma's Love-Hate Relationship On Set
- I Am Botoxed, so Are Most People in the Film Industry: Karan Johar
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Which One To Buy: Apple iPhone 7 Plus or Google Pixel XL
- Will Act Against Raj Thackeray if he Breaks Law: Fadnavis