DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
SBI withdraws teaser home loan scheme
SBI Easy Home Loan and Advantage Home Loan will be replaced by floating interest rate schemes.
Mumbai: Amid concerns expressed by the Reserve Bank, country's largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) on Wednesday announced withdrawal of special home loan schemes, or teaser rates, with effect from May 1.
SBI Easy Home Loan and SBI Advantage Home Loan (teaser rate products) will be replaced by floating interest rate schemes on par with other commercial banks.
Under the teaser home loan scheme, SBI was offering lower rate of interest of 8-8.5 per cent for the first three years.
It invited severe criticism from RBI, which had said the scheme could impact the asset quality of SBI's home loan portfolio.
The withdrawl of teaser rates comes within a month of the new chairman Pratip Chaudhuri taking charge at SBI.
The home loan from SBI will now attract an interest rate of 9.5 per cent to 10.25 per cent depending upon the loan amount, SBI said.
SBI has also launched the SBI Advantage Car loan Scheme, under which credit would be provided at 10.75 per cent for a maximum period of 7 years.
Recommended For You
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Kangana-Ketan Battle: Another Filmmaker Accuses The Latter Of Hijacking His Film
- GST Effect: Ford Figo, Aspire, EcoSport Get Discounts Of Up To Rs 30,000
- Nuzhat Fought Taboos to Play Cricket, Picked for ICC World Cup