SBI withdraws teaser home loan scheme
SBI Easy Home Loan and Advantage Home Loan will be replaced by floating interest rate schemes.
Mumbai: Amid concerns expressed by the Reserve Bank, country's largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) on Wednesday announced withdrawal of special home loan schemes, or teaser rates, with effect from May 1.
SBI Easy Home Loan and SBI Advantage Home Loan (teaser rate products) will be replaced by floating interest rate schemes on par with other commercial banks.
Under the teaser home loan scheme, SBI was offering lower rate of interest of 8-8.5 per cent for the first three years.
It invited severe criticism from RBI, which had said the scheme could impact the asset quality of SBI's home loan portfolio.
The withdrawl of teaser rates comes within a month of the new chairman Pratip Chaudhuri taking charge at SBI.
The home loan from SBI will now attract an interest rate of 9.5 per cent to 10.25 per cent depending upon the loan amount, SBI said.
SBI has also launched the SBI Advantage Car loan Scheme, under which credit would be provided at 10.75 per cent for a maximum period of 7 years.
Recommended For You
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Ross Taylor Achieves Milestone ODI Century