DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Secret currency template leaked, CBI on alert for fakes
Agency is monitoring how and at what level the design got "compromised".
New Delhi: The secret template India uses to print currency notes has been "compromised" and that is possibly why fake but real-looking Indian currency notes are being pumped in, says the Central Bureau of Investigation.
The CBI, the nodal agency for checking fake notes, has now formed a special team comprising its sleuths and officials from the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence, the Reserve Bank of India and the Central Forensic Science Laboratory to find out how and at what level the design got "compromised".
"Our investigations have revealed that the 2005 secret security template which was introduced as part of the new design adopted then has been compromised," CBI Director Ashwini Kumar said.
Asked, if the country was still using the security template, he said, "yes".
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- England vs South Africa, 1st ODI: As It Happened
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish