DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Sensex, Nifty end in green; Sebi to probe midcap crash
Shares of a host of mid-cap and small-cap companies crashed amid panic selling on speculations of sale of pledged shares.
Mumbai: Key equity benchmarks ended trade on Monday flat with a positive bias. The Sensex closed up 14.68 points at 19331.69, and the Nifty ended up 4.45 points at 5854.75.
However, shares of a host of mid-cap and small-cap companies on Monday crashed in the stock market, plunging as much as 60 per cent in some cases, amid panic selling on speculations of sale of pledged shares.
Stock exchanges and market regulator Sebi immediately began looking into the matter to probe any possible foul play after a huge sell-off was witnessed in shares of more than a dozen companies towards noon, a senior official said. The BSE mid-cap and small-cap indices were down 1.33 per cent each.
Recommended For You
- Sonam Kapoor Takes The Plunge In A Dreamy Gold Gown On Cannes Red Carpet
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Video - Remembering Nicky Hayden, the Nicest Man in Grand Prix Racing
- Pro Kabaddi League Auction: Nitin Tomar Becomes Highest Paid Player
- An Opportunity For Manchester United To Provide Healing Touch to Their City