Sensex Maintains Winning Touch, Climbs 72 Points on Asian Cues
File photo of a man outside the Bombay Stock Exchange.
Mumbai: Building on gains for the fourth straight session, the benchmark Sensex rallied over 72 points to 28,671.06 and the NSE Nifty again went past the 8,800-mark in early trade on Monday on sustained buying by participants tracking positive Asian indices.
The 30-share index, which had gained 245.49 points in the previous three sessions, was up 72.03 points, or 0.25 per cent, at 28,671.06, led by oil & gas, PSU, banking, consumer durables, realty, healthcare and FMCG, rising by up to 0.66 per cent.
The NSE Nifty was quoting higher by 30.10 points or 0.34 per cent, at 8,809.95.
Brokers said a better trend on other Asian bourses ahead of central bank meetings in the US and Japan this week, influenced trading sentiments here.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng was up 0.83 per cent while Shanghai Composite Index rose 0.47 per cent in early trade. Japanese financial markets are closed on Monday due to national holiday.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average in the US ended 0.49 per cent lower in Friday's trade.
Recommended For You
- #TheTechAndAutoShowThe Tech and Auto Show: OnePlus 3T Vs OnePlus 3, Toyota Prius And More
- Fallout of Indo-Pak Tension?Wasim Akram to Miss IPL 2017 Due to 'Professional Commitments'
- Wedding bellsAfter Yuvraj-Hazel's Wedding, Cricketer Ishant Sharma Ties The Knot
- Movie ReviewBefikre Review: A Glossy, Predictable Indian Love Story
- MR CONSISTENTVirat Kohli Retains Second Spot In ICC ODI Rankings