Sensex Rebounds 155 Points, Nifty Hits 8,700 Ahead of IIP Data
A man walks past the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) building in Mumbai. (Reuters)
Mumbai: BSE benchmark Sensex recovered over 155 points and the NSE Nifty topped the 8,700-level on Monday amid sustained foreign fund inflows and optimism among domestic investors ahead of IIP data to be released later in the day.
The 30-share index, which had lost 273.41 points in the previous three sessions, recovered 155.50 points or 0.55 per cent, to trade at 28,216.64, with all sectoral indices led by metal, PSU, FMCG and auto trading in the green.
Similarly, the NSE Nifty rose 37.40 points, or 0.43 per cent, to 8,735.
Brokers said widening up of bets by participants ahead of key economic data - August Industrial Production (IIP) - to be
released after market hours today fuelled the upmove.
Monthly inflation data based on consumer price index (CPI) for September is due on Thursday and wholesale price index (WPI)
In the Asian region, Japanese and Hong Kong and Taiwanese financial markets are closed today for holidays. Shanghai, after a long public holidays, was up 1.55 per cent in early trade on Monday.
The US Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 0.15 per cent lower in Friday's trade.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion