Sensex Rises 91 points, Closes Above 26,000-mark
The Sensex opened higher at 26,101.33 and advanced to the day's high of 26,130.49 on value-buying across the board.
File image (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Mumbai: Markets ended higher for the second straight day, with the Sensex rising 91 points to close above the 26,000-mark on sustained buying by domestic institutions amid positive global cues.
The Sensex opened higher at 26,101.33 and advanced to the day's high of 26,130.49 on value-buying across the board and continued buying by domestic institutional investors.
But it slipped briefly into the negative terrain on emergence of profit-booking to touch a low of 25,877.16 before bouncing back to close 91.03 points, or 0.35 per cent higher at 26,051.81.
The index has gained 195.64 points in Tuesday's session on upbeat global cues.
The 50-share NSE Nifty ended at 8,033.30, up 31 points, or 0.39 per cent, after moving between 8,055.20 and 7,973.10.
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,152.00||-61.55||-2.78|
Recommended For You
- Soorma: Sandeep Singh On Training Diljit Dosanjh & The Message He Wants To Convey Through His Biopic
- AIFF Confirm 16 Team Super Cup in March, Venue Undecided
- Kedarnath Stalled: Sara Ali Khan Will Now Make Debut With Ranveer In This Movie?
- Aww! Priya Prakash Varrier Has A Huge Crush On This Indian Cricketer
- The Legend of Burnt Wine a.k.a Brandy Came From the Blandest of French Grapes