Sensex Rises 91 points, Closes Above 26,000-mark
The Sensex opened higher at 26,101.33 and advanced to the day's high of 26,130.49 on value-buying across the board.
File image (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Mumbai: Markets ended higher for the second straight day, with the Sensex rising 91 points to close above the 26,000-mark on sustained buying by domestic institutions amid positive global cues.
The Sensex opened higher at 26,101.33 and advanced to the day's high of 26,130.49 on value-buying across the board and continued buying by domestic institutional investors.
But it slipped briefly into the negative terrain on emergence of profit-booking to touch a low of 25,877.16 before bouncing back to close 91.03 points, or 0.35 per cent higher at 26,051.81.
The index has gained 195.64 points in Tuesday's session on upbeat global cues.
The 50-share NSE Nifty ended at 8,033.30, up 31 points, or 0.39 per cent, after moving between 8,055.20 and 7,973.10.
Recommended For You
- Dunkirk Movie Review: Nolan And Effective Storytelling Make It A Winner
- Renault Lodgy Stepway Test Drive Review – 3 Reasons to Buy/Not to Buy This MPV
- Harbhajan Asks Yuvraj 'Why Are You Peeping Into My Phone'
- [Update]Oppo Punjab Service Team Quits Over “Indians Are Beggars” Statement
- Pahlaj Nihalani Explains The Need To Cut Words In Amartya Sen Documentary