Sensex Stays Positive, Jumps 80 Points After Asia Upmove
Representative Image. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Mumbai: Strong global cues helped the Sensex climb over 80 points on Wednesday, which extended its previous day's rally amid signs of a firming trend at Asian markets after data showed China's economy is stabilising.
Sustained foreign capital inflows and the rupee covering more ground against the dollar gave trading sentiment a lift too. The local unit appreciated further by 6 paise to 66.67 at the forex market on Wednesday.
The 30-share index was trading higher by 80.19 points, or 0.28 per cent, at 28,131.07, with power, healthcare, oil & gas and PSU sectors all bringing up gains.
The gauge had rallied 521 points, its biggest single-day gain in nearly five months, on Wednesday.
The NSE index Nifty too was quoting higher by 20.85 points, or 0.24 per cent, at 8,698.75.
Sentiment remained buoyant on continued foreign inflows and persistent buying by investors amid overnight gains in the US and a firming trend at other Asian bourses on reports that China's economy expanded more than expected in the third quarter, brokers said.
Japan's Nikkei gained 0.14 per cent while Shanghai Composite was up 0.13 per cent in early session today. Hong Kong's Hang Seng, however, was down 0.11 per cent.
The US Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 0.42 per cent higher on Wednesday.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology