Sensex Surges 456 Points to Reclaim 26,000-level
Market benchmark Sensex surged over 456 points -- its biggest single-day gain in over one month -- to reclaim the 26,000-mark after investors created fresh long positions in the new December series amid the rupee rebounding from record lows.
The BSE Sensex had rallied 265.15 points on Thursday.
Mumbai: Market benchmark Sensex surged over 456 points -- its biggest single-day gain in over one month -- to reclaim the 26,000-mark after investors created fresh long positions in the new December series amid the rupee rebounding
from record lows.
The Sensex opened strong at 25,953.24 and stayed in the positive zone through the session as buying activity gathered
It touched the day's high of 26,343.95 before closing at 26,316.34, a gain of 456.17 points, or 1.76 per cent -- its biggest single day rise since October 18 when it had gained 520.91 points.
The 50-share NSE Nifty ended the day at 8,114.30, up 148.80 points, or 1.87 per cent after shuttling between 8,122.25 and 7,976.75.
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,381.35||-22.15||-0.92|
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Dzire vs Tata Tigor Comparison Review: David vs Goliath?
- Have You Read Bigg Boss S1 Host Arshad Warsi’s View About the Show Yet?
- Prithvi Shines as Board President XI Post Comfortable Win Over NZ
- iPhone 8 Plus: Three Reasons To Buy it Now And Two To Skip
- Celebrating The Deep, Majestic Baritone of Amitabh Bachchan