Sensex Surges 456 Points to Reclaim 26,000-level
The BSE Sensex had rallied 265.15 points on Thursday.
Mumbai: Market benchmark Sensex surged over 456 points -- its biggest single-day gain in over one month -- to reclaim the 26,000-mark after investors created fresh long positions in the new December series amid the rupee rebounding
from record lows.
The Sensex opened strong at 25,953.24 and stayed in the positive zone through the session as buying activity gathered
It touched the day's high of 26,343.95 before closing at 26,316.34, a gain of 456.17 points, or 1.76 per cent -- its biggest single day rise since October 18 when it had gained 520.91 points.
The 50-share NSE Nifty ended the day at 8,114.30, up 148.80 points, or 1.87 per cent after shuttling between 8,122.25 and 7,976.75.
Recommended For You
- ICC Still Open to Negotiate, Offers BCCI USD 390 Million
- Honor 8 Pro First Look: The 6GB RAM Competitor to OnePlus 3t
- FIFA Fines Brazil, Argentina, Mexico for Homophobic Chanting
- Remembering Vinod Khanna: 15 Films That Celebrate The Actor's Legacy
- IPL 2017: Jadeja Reveals Why Kohli Laughed Hard at His Expense