Sensex Surges 456 Points to Reclaim 26,000-level
The BSE Sensex had rallied 265.15 points on Thursday.
Mumbai: Market benchmark Sensex surged over 456 points -- its biggest single-day gain in over one month -- to reclaim the 26,000-mark after investors created fresh long positions in the new December series amid the rupee rebounding
from record lows.
The Sensex opened strong at 25,953.24 and stayed in the positive zone through the session as buying activity gathered
It touched the day's high of 26,343.95 before closing at 26,316.34, a gain of 456.17 points, or 1.76 per cent -- its biggest single day rise since October 18 when it had gained 520.91 points.
The 50-share NSE Nifty ended the day at 8,114.30, up 148.80 points, or 1.87 per cent after shuttling between 8,122.25 and 7,976.75.
Recommended For You
- CAPTAIN MARVELVirat Kohli: The Milestone Man
- Movie ReviewLa La Land Review: Ryan-Emma's Story Is A Well-Crafted Musical
- Source Advisorkhoj#FutureIsCashless, But Your Money Should Grow Too!
- Why Pay More?OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What's New And All You Need to Know About It
- MR CONSISTENTVirat Kohli Retains Second Spot In ICC ODI Rankings