Sensex Surges 456 Points to Reclaim 26,000-level
Market benchmark Sensex surged over 456 points -- its biggest single-day gain in over one month -- to reclaim the 26,000-mark after investors created fresh long positions in the new December series amid the rupee rebounding from record lows.
The BSE Sensex had rallied 265.15 points on Thursday.
Mumbai: Market benchmark Sensex surged over 456 points -- its biggest single-day gain in over one month -- to reclaim the 26,000-mark after investors created fresh long positions in the new December series amid the rupee rebounding
from record lows.
The Sensex opened strong at 25,953.24 and stayed in the positive zone through the session as buying activity gathered
It touched the day's high of 26,343.95 before closing at 26,316.34, a gain of 456.17 points, or 1.76 per cent -- its biggest single day rise since October 18 when it had gained 520.91 points.
The 50-share NSE Nifty ended the day at 8,114.30, up 148.80 points, or 1.87 per cent after shuttling between 8,122.25 and 7,976.75.
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,123.45||-42.45||-1.96|
|Power Grid Corp||190.25||-3.70||-1.91|
Recommended For You
- India vs South Africa, 2nd T20I in Centurion: Team India Report Card
- Maldives Emergency : India Appears to be Losing Ground to China in the Indian Ocean | World In Flux
- From Rolls-Royce to Porsche - Here's a Look at All the Cars Owned by Nirav Modi
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5, Note 5 Pro Tips n Tricks: How to Get The Best Out of Your New Android Smartphones
- Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber Splash Romance All Over the Streets of Jamaica, See Pics