BSE Sensex up, tech stocks lead gains
Technology shares leading gains on the back of short covering as recent underperformance was seen overdone.
Mumbai: The BSE Sensex is up 0.25 per cent and the Nifty gains 0.17 per cent higher, tracking steady Asian markets. Export-driven technology shares leading gains on the back of short covering as recent underperformance was seen overdone.
Infosys gains 1.2 per cent after falling 5.75 per cent in December as on Friday's close, while Tata Consultancy Services up 0.8 per cent. Shares in State Bank of India gain 0.8 per cent on media reports the government has approved fund infusion of 30.04 billion rupees for the state-run lender.
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals shares up 2 per cent, following news the unit entered into a development agreement with Forest Laboratories, which will make upfront payment of $6 million to the Indian drug maker.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner