Sensex ends at a higher note, Nifty above 6000
Jet Airways stock also gained 6 per cent, a day after a source said it was the front-runner to win Etihad Airways' investment.
Mumbai: The BSE Sensex edged higher on Thursday for a third consecutive session of gains, closing at 19764.78, as technology stocks, such as Infosys, advanced on expectations for better-than-expected quarterly earnings results.
Infosys Ltd rose 1.24 per cent, while Tata Consultancy Services Ltd gained 1.37 per cent. Software services exporters will start reporting October-December earnings results next week.
The BSE Sensex gained 0.26 per cent, while Nifty rose 0.27 per cent, closing above the psychologically key level of 6,000 points.
Technology stocks gained on expectations of better-than-expected third-quarter earnings for IT companies when they report results starting late January, dealers said.
Meanwhile, shares in Jet Airways gained 6 per cent, a day after a senior Indian government source told reporters the carrier was the front-runner to win an investment from Etihad Airways.
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Pakistan Briefs P5 Over Unprovoked Firing by India on LoC
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Will Tell India What is Real Surgical Strike: Hafiz Saeed