Sensex ends at a higher note, Nifty above 6000
Jet Airways stock also gained 6 per cent, a day after a source said it was the front-runner to win Etihad Airways' investment.
Mumbai: The BSE Sensex edged higher on Thursday for a third consecutive session of gains, closing at 19764.78, as technology stocks, such as Infosys, advanced on expectations for better-than-expected quarterly earnings results.
Infosys Ltd rose 1.24 per cent, while Tata Consultancy Services Ltd gained 1.37 per cent. Software services exporters will start reporting October-December earnings results next week.
The BSE Sensex gained 0.26 per cent, while Nifty rose 0.27 per cent, closing above the psychologically key level of 6,000 points.
Technology stocks gained on expectations of better-than-expected third-quarter earnings for IT companies when they report results starting late January, dealers said.
Meanwhile, shares in Jet Airways gained 6 per cent, a day after a senior Indian government source told reporters the carrier was the front-runner to win an investment from Etihad Airways.
Recommended For You
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology