Sensex, Nifty end flat
Active participants refrained from long positions in the absence of fresh triggers.
Mumbai: Key equities benchmarks continued to reel in trade on Wednesday, ending the session on a flat note. The BSE Sensex closed down 31.87 points at 19627.95, after touching an intraday high of 19,767.25.
The Nifty managed scrape past the finishing line in the green, ending the listless session up 2.30 points at 5959.20. Active participants refrained from long positions in the absence of fresh triggers, with HDFC gaining after cutting its prime lending rate, while NTPC slipped ahead of a share sale.
Shares of NTPC were down 2.4 per cent ahead of the PSU's offer for sale (OFS). The government will sell 783 million shares in NTPC, thus bringing down its stake to 75 per cent, to raise close to $2.1 billion at a floor price of Rs 145 per share, said CLSA in a report.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right