DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Sensex, Nifty end flat
Active participants refrained from long positions in the absence of fresh triggers.
Mumbai: Key equities benchmarks continued to reel in trade on Wednesday, ending the session on a flat note. The BSE Sensex closed down 31.87 points at 19627.95, after touching an intraday high of 19,767.25.
The Nifty managed scrape past the finishing line in the green, ending the listless session up 2.30 points at 5959.20. Active participants refrained from long positions in the absence of fresh triggers, with HDFC gaining after cutting its prime lending rate, while NTPC slipped ahead of a share sale.
Shares of NTPC were down 2.4 per cent ahead of the PSU's offer for sale (OFS). The government will sell 783 million shares in NTPC, thus bringing down its stake to 75 per cent, to raise close to $2.1 billion at a floor price of Rs 145 per share, said CLSA in a report.
Recommended For You
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- England vs South Africa, 1st ODI: As It Happened
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes