Sensex, Nifty end at 2013 lows
The NSE 50-share Nifty ended trade flat at 5887.40, down 0.16 per cent. Both the indices are at their 2013 lows.
Mumbai: Key equity benchmarks ended trade in the red however off the day's low. The BSE Sensex closed down 61.97 points at 19435.21 after touching an intraday low of 19,381.82. The NSE 50-share Nifty ended trade flat at 5887.40, down 0.16 per cent. Both the indices are at their 2013 lows.
Dr Reddy's shares retreated a day after reporting a larger-than-expected fall in quarterly earnings, while software service exporters fell on profit-booking.
However, Tata Motors provisionally rose 2.5 per cent, recovering from an earlier fall of as much as 3.1 per cent, as traders saw initial losses - sparked by a drop in quarterly earnings - as overdone given expectations for a recovery in profits. Dr Reddy's Laboratories provisionally fell 3.2 per cent, while Infosys Ltd ended down 1.2 per cent.
Markets this week
Nifty & Sensex down 0.3 per cent Each, CNX Midcap Index down 2.3 per cent
BSE Small Cap Index down 3.7 per cent, Nifty Junior down 1.6 per cent
Bank Nifty up 0.5 per cent, BSE Metals down 1.6 per cent
BSE Cons Durables, Oil & Gas down 1.1 per cent Each, BSE Power down 3 per cent
BSE Cap Goods down 4.3 per cent, BSE Realty down 5.4 per cent
Tata Motors up 6.8 per cent, Sun Pharma up 5.5 per cent, CIL up 3.3 per cent
HCL Tech & HDFC Bank up 4.1 per cent Each, ONGC up 3 per cent
UltraTech Cement up 2.7 per cent, Oil India up 2.5 per cent, HUL up 2.2 per cent
Siemens India & DLF down 7.5 per cent each, Maruti Suzuki down 7 per cent
JSPL down 6.7 per cent, BPCL down 5.3 per cent, L&T & Power Grid down 4.8 per cent each
Ranbaxy down 4.5 per cent, Bajaj Auto down 4 per cent, ACC down 3.6 per cent
DB Realty down 31.3 per cent, United Breweries down 22 per cent,TV18 down 14.4 per cent
Uttam Galva down 18 per cent, Suzlon down 12.4 per cent, IFCI down 11 per cent
Opto Circuits down 12.2 per cent,Shasun Pharma down 11 per cent, Finolex down 9 per cent
K'taka Bank up 9 per cent, Polaris up 6.5 per cent, Jet Airways up 4.7 per cent
- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' Movie Review: First Day, First Show
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution
- India's 'Eyes in the Skies' Gave Images for Surgical Strikes
- We Have the Right To Defend Ourselves: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
- Pakistan Need To Be Taught A Lesson: Venkaiah Naidu
- PM Narendra Modi to Review Border Situation in CCS Meet