DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Sensex falls to three-month low; blue chips hit
The Sensex provisionally fell 1.55 per cent to its lowest close since Nov 27, 2012.
Mumbai: The Sensex fell more than 1 per cent to its lowest close in three months on Tuesday, as blue chips such as ICICI Bank were hit by growing caution ahead of the 2013/14 budget to be unveiled later this week. Falls also tracked a sell-off in global equities as investors feared a resurgence of the euro zone debt crisis after Italy's inconclusive election results.
ICICI Bank Ltd provisionally fell 2.55 per cent, while Tata Motors Ltd ended down 3.6 per cent. The Sensex provisionally fell 1.55 per cent to its lowest close since Nov 27, 2012.
The Nifty ended down 1.6 percent, provisionally posting its biggest daily percentage fall since July 23, 2012.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%