DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Sensex falls to three-month low; blue chips hit
The Sensex provisionally fell 1.55 per cent to its lowest close since Nov 27, 2012.
Mumbai: The Sensex fell more than 1 per cent to its lowest close in three months on Tuesday, as blue chips such as ICICI Bank were hit by growing caution ahead of the 2013/14 budget to be unveiled later this week. Falls also tracked a sell-off in global equities as investors feared a resurgence of the euro zone debt crisis after Italy's inconclusive election results.
ICICI Bank Ltd provisionally fell 2.55 per cent, while Tata Motors Ltd ended down 3.6 per cent. The Sensex provisionally fell 1.55 per cent to its lowest close since Nov 27, 2012.
The Nifty ended down 1.6 percent, provisionally posting its biggest daily percentage fall since July 23, 2012.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes