Sensex ends over 350 ahead of RBI credit policy review
Hindalco, Tata Motors, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Power, Larsen are the top gainers in the Sensex.
Mumbai: 3:40 pm: Midcap gainers: Jet Airways and United Bank are lead midcap gainers on Friday.
3:30 pm: Market closing data: The Sensex ends up 352.62 points at 19179.78, and the Nifty is up 109.30 points at 5808.40 (provisional).
3:20 pm: First quarter advance tax numbers start trickling in. According to CNBC-TV18's sources ICICI Bank is likely to pay Rs 600 crore versus Rs 500 crore year-on-year, while HDFC Bank could pay Rs 625 crore. Kotak Mahindra Bank may pay Rs 110 crore versus Rs 75 crore.
The market manages to hold up its gains just before wrapping up trade for the week. The Sensex is up 367.12 points at 19194.28 while the Nifty is up 114.95 points at 5814.05.
Hindalco, Tata Motors, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Power, Larsen are the top gainers in the Sensex. Smart gains has come from the midcap index too. Titan, Future Retail and Yes Bank are some of the key gainers from the space.
Tata Motors is strong in trade on Friday after JLR's May retail sales came in better than estimated. Total sales grew 14 percent month-on-month with a strong performance by Jaguar. However, for the third month in a row China growth has been sub-par at 11 percent. The more closely tracked wholesale sales will be released on Friday.
Recommended For You
- I Always Wanted to Bat Like Virender Sehwag, Says Sunil Gavaskar
- Post Jolly LLB 2 Success, Makers Plan to Make a Sequel
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show