Sensex snaps winning run; trading disrupted
The NSE was brought to a brief halt on Friday after Emkay Global Financial Services placed dozens of erroneous orders.
Mumbai: The Sensex fell on Friday, snapping a four-day rise, as profit-taking hit recent outperformers such as ICICI Bank, while investor sentiment was also hit after dozens of erroneous orders triggered a brief halt in the Nifty.
ICICI Bank shares fell 1.7 per cent, while mortgage lender HDFC fell 5.08 per cent after Carlyle Group sold a 3.7 per cent stake for $841 million.
The NSE was brought to a brief halt on Friday after Emkay Global Financial Services placed dozens of erroneous orders worth more than $125 million.
The BSE index provisionally fell 0.73 per cent, while the 50-share Nifty fell 0.7 per cent.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner