DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Service Tax Dept issues notice to KFA, impounds aircraft
According to the notice, the Kingfisher Airlines cannot fly outside the registered airport premises.
Mumbai: In more trouble for beleaguered Kingfisher Airlines, Service Tax Department has issued a notice to the carrier, "impounding" all its aircraft, department sources said on Thursday night. According to the notice, the airline cannot fly outside the registered airport premises.
The grounded airline owes around Rs 190 crore to the Service Tax Department, of which Rs 127 crore are under litigation. The notice was issued a fortnight ago, sources said.
The sources also said the department has enlisted the help of the Customs to impound the aircraft.
Recommended For You
- Dangal All Set To Beat Baahubali 2 At The Box Office, Earns 1523 Cr Worldwide
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO
- Manchester Arena Attack: Beckham, Rooney, Hamilton Show Solidarity
- Harbhajan Wants Zaheer to Become Team India's Bowling Coach