Service Tax Dept issues notice to KFA, impounds aircraft
According to the notice, the Kingfisher Airlines cannot fly outside the registered airport premises.
Mumbai: In more trouble for beleaguered Kingfisher Airlines, Service Tax Department has issued a notice to the carrier, "impounding" all its aircraft, department sources said on Thursday night. According to the notice, the airline cannot fly outside the registered airport premises.
The grounded airline owes around Rs 190 crore to the Service Tax Department, of which Rs 127 crore are under litigation. The notice was issued a fortnight ago, sources said.
The sources also said the department has enlisted the help of the Customs to impound the aircraft.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone Turn The Heat Up At Pre-Oscar 2017 Party
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: La La Land, Moonlight or Lion; Who's Bollywood Rooting for?
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion