SpiceJet shares surge; airline denies report of Kuwait interest
SpiceJet had said in January that it would be premature to discuss the possibility of any concrete investments.
Mumbai: SpiceJet shares surge 8.1 per cent even after the airline denies a news report from vccircle.com that Kuwait Airways was looking to pick up a nearly 25 per cent stake in the budget airline.
"The news report suggesting that a stake sale in SpiceJet is being considered to induct Kuwait Airways as a strategic partner is totally untrue and without any substance," SpiceJet said in an emailed statement.
SpiceJet had said in January it received some interest from potential investors, but it would be premature to discuss the possibility of any concrete investments.
- Donald Trump's Daughter, Ivanka, to Celebrate Diwali at Hindu Temple
- Clinton Campaign Ponders 'What If' Trump Doesn't Concede
- Facebook Employees Try to Remove Trump's Controversial Posts, Zuckerberg Calls it Inappropriate
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2