SpiceJet shares surge; airline denies report of Kuwait interest
SpiceJet had said in January that it would be premature to discuss the possibility of any concrete investments.
Mumbai: SpiceJet shares surge 8.1 per cent even after the airline denies a news report from vccircle.com that Kuwait Airways was looking to pick up a nearly 25 per cent stake in the budget airline.
"The news report suggesting that a stake sale in SpiceJet is being considered to induct Kuwait Airways as a strategic partner is totally untrue and without any substance," SpiceJet said in an emailed statement.
SpiceJet had said in January it received some interest from potential investors, but it would be premature to discuss the possibility of any concrete investments.
Recommended For You
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"