Tata Motors Jamshedpur plant to halt production
The production will be halted for three days from Thursday because of the 'prevailing economic condition'.
Jamshedpur: Production will be halted at Tata Motors block in Jamshedpur for three days from Thursday because of the 'prevailing economic condition', the company said on Wednesday.
"A block closure has been announced from June 28 to 30 in the Jamshedpur plant," Tata Motors spokesman P J Singh said.
"We are market driven company that is why we have taken the decision," Singh said when asked for the reason.
"The block closure was taken in view of the quarterly closing as we cannot pile up inventory," he added.
It has been announced with the consent of employees following a meeting held on Tuesday, he said.
Telco Workers Union General Secretary Chandrabhan Singh said production had dropped in the last two months and was almost negligible since June 23.
He said 50 per cent of the block closure would be adjusted against leave of employees and the remainder would be borne by the company.
Around 10,000 employees will be affected by the three day closure, which will be followed by a Sunday, the weekly off day.
Recommended For You
- revisiting old times!Rekha Is Ditching Kanjivaram Saris For Something Strange These Days
- #GharWapsi'I Am Born Congressman' Says Navjot Singh Sidhu, Twitter Goes Berserk
- Wedding bells?Bigg Boss 10: Mona Lisa's Boyfriend to Enter the House to Propose to Her
- inside storyLack of Hotel Room Delays Virat and Co Arrival in Cuttack
- The Next GalaxySamsung Galaxy S8 Revealed: Price, Specs And Everything Else You Need to Know