Tata Motors Jamshedpur plant to halt production
The production will be halted for three days from Thursday because of the 'prevailing economic condition'.
Jamshedpur: Production will be halted at Tata Motors block in Jamshedpur for three days from Thursday because of the 'prevailing economic condition', the company said on Wednesday.
"A block closure has been announced from June 28 to 30 in the Jamshedpur plant," Tata Motors spokesman P J Singh said.
"We are market driven company that is why we have taken the decision," Singh said when asked for the reason.
"The block closure was taken in view of the quarterly closing as we cannot pile up inventory," he added.
It has been announced with the consent of employees following a meeting held on Tuesday, he said.
Telco Workers Union General Secretary Chandrabhan Singh said production had dropped in the last two months and was almost negligible since June 23.
He said 50 per cent of the block closure would be adjusted against leave of employees and the remainder would be borne by the company.
Around 10,000 employees will be affected by the three day closure, which will be followed by a Sunday, the weekly off day.
Recommended For You
- Youtube rewindRajnikanth's Kabali Trailer: The Most Watched Movie Trailer on YouTube in 2016
- Unbelievable?Aishwarya Rai's Recent Photo with Katrina Kaif, Madhuri Dixit Will Make Your Day
- Making of AmmaA Viral Post on Jayalalithaa Highlights the Odds She Fought to Become Tamil Nadu's Iron Lady
- ExplosiveRaees Trailer: 6 Explosive Dialogues That Sum up SRK's Character Perfectly
- YouTube RewindTop 10 YouTube Videos of 2016: Kala Chashma is The Most Watched Music Video