TCS shares fall 2 per cent ahead of Q4 results
The company commands a market value of Rs 2,85,597 crore -- the highest for any listed firm in the country.
Mumbai: Shares of IT major Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) on Wednesday fell by nearly 2 per cent ahead of its quarterly results, to be announced later in the day. After falling 3.55 per cent during the day, shares of TCS finally ended at Rs 1,459.20, down 1.73 per cent from the previous close on the BSE.
At NSE, the scrip closed at Rs 1,459.85, with a loss of 1.57 per cent. In terms of volume, 3.48 lakh shares of the company changed hands on the BSE, while over 26.39 lakh shares were traded on the NSE.
The company commands a market value of Rs 2,85,597 crore -- the highest for any listed firm in the country. Earlier in the day, country's fourth largest firm HCL Tech posted 72.6 per cent jump in the January-March quarter.
The company's performance was encouraging for the sector in view of that fact that IT market bellwether Infosys had reported just over 3 per cent growth in its net profit. Country's largest software services firm TCS will announce its fourth quarter, 2012-13, results on Wednesday evening. In a volatile trade, the BSE 30-stock index, Sensex, ended at 18,731.16, down 13.77 points.
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview
- Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Won't Be Screened In Pakistan
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test