Tech glitch at NSE, Bank of India shares tumble
On February 1, shares of Tata Motors and Ultratech Cement fell as much as 10 per cent due to a technology glitch.
Mumbai: Shares in Bank of India make a sharp fall before quickly recovering in what some traders describe as a "freak" trade. Trading at Rs 336.65, down 1.2 per cent, Bank of India shares suddenly fell to Rs 314, down 7.8 per cent on the day, at around 12:20 pm IST. The shares, however, recover to Rs 337.35.
On February 1, shares of Tata Motors and Ultratech Cement fell as much as 10 per cent due to a technology glitch at Religare Capital that caused "unintended transactions", the brokerage said.
The National Stock Exchange, where the Bank of India trade occurred, did not have any immediate comment.
Recommended For You
- Fit-Again Shami & Shreyas Iyer Officially Added to Squad
- 3 Reasons to Not Buy a Term Plan
- Gionee A1 Review: A Phone That's Custom Made For Selfie Lovers
- Life Review: Dialogues Win In This Space Battle Between Human, Alien
- Phillauri Review: Anushka-Diljit's Love Tale Will Work Its Way Into Your Heart