DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Tech Mahindra shares fall as merger with Satyam delayed
A brokerage said that the delay is "sentimentally negative" for the stocks, attributing the reason to opposition to the merger from the Andhra Pradesh HC.
Mumbai: Shares in Tech Mahindra Ltd fall 1.9 per cent, while Satyam Computer Services Ltd drops 1.6 per cent, a day after the companies said a long-planned merger between the two had been delayed by an additional six months up to September 30. The companies did not give a reason for the delay in their exchange filing.
Brokerage Sharekhan says in an email to clients that the delay is "sentimentally negative" for the stocks, attributing the reason to opposition to the merger from the Andhra Pradesh High Court.
"While business has been as usual for both the entities and Tech Mahindra has already started seeing a lot of synergistic benefits from Satyam, the Street has been pricing in the merger," says Sharekhan.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Is 'Ambedkar Touch' in Kaala Poster a Political Outreach by Rajinikanth?
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Cricket Australia Believes Revenue Model is Starving Grassroots
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users