Trading on bourses to be for 75 mins this Diwali
The special trading session would be conducted to pay obeisance to Lakshmi, the Hindu goddess of wealth and prosperity.
Mumbai: The "muhurat" trading session will be conducted for 75 minutes on Tuesday, the Diwali day, on leading bourses NSE and BSE. The special trading session would be conducted to pay obeisance to Lakshmi, the Hindu goddess of wealth and prosperity. It would also mark the new year for traders as per the Hindu calendar, or Samwat 2069.
The tradition of muhurat trading dates back over a century. Trading would be conducted for 75 minutes on the two bourses -- NSE and BSE. It would be done between 3.45 pm and 5 pm, as per the information available with the exchanges.
Market analysts expect this Diwali to bring even better luck to Dalal Street, as the stock market is expected to be positive due to festive mood. The tradings will be in segments such as capital market, future and options and stock lending and borrowing (SLB). In 2011, bourses had held the trade between 4.45 pm and 6 pm.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines