Veteran UK Industrialist George Buckley in Race for Top Tata Job
Tata Motors logo. Reuters/File Photo
Salt-to-software conglomerate Tata Sons is said to have approached Sir George Buckley, the chairman of FTSE-100 engineer Smiths Group, to replace ousted chairman Cyrus Mistry, Sky News reported on Tuesday.
Buckley, one of Britain's leading industrialists, could very well be the first non-Indian to grab the top post of the $100-billion conglomerate.
Buvkley’s experience ranges from powers, steel and chemical industries. His name came at a time when the business conglomerate is encountering its biggest challenge due to in-house bickering.
Bukley has worked at various US corporations, including 3M, the global technology company.
Recommended For You
- What’s new?OnePlus 3T Launched at Rs 29,999: All You Need to Know
- BLOCKBUSTER CLASHEl Clasico: Barcelona Desperate to Break Real Madrid's Unbeaten Streak
- BATTLE OF THE BESTFIFA Player of The Year: Ronaldo, Messi and Griezmann To Battle It Out
- Creative!Sonam Gupta Bewafa Hai Makes It To The IIT Guwahati Examination Paper
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet