Veteran UK Industrialist George Buckley in Race for Top Tata Job
Tata Motors logo. Reuters/File Photo
Salt-to-software conglomerate Tata Sons is said to have approached Sir George Buckley, the chairman of FTSE-100 engineer Smiths Group, to replace ousted chairman Cyrus Mistry, Sky News reported on Tuesday.
Buckley, one of Britain's leading industrialists, could very well be the first non-Indian to grab the top post of the $100-billion conglomerate.
Buvkley’s experience ranges from powers, steel and chemical industries. His name came at a time when the business conglomerate is encountering its biggest challenge due to in-house bickering.
Bukley has worked at various US corporations, including 3M, the global technology company.
Recommended For You
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: Centurion MS Dhoni Guides Jharkhand To Win
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films