Veteran UK Industrialist George Buckley in Race for Top Tata Job
Tata Motors logo. Reuters/File Photo
Salt-to-software conglomerate Tata Sons is said to have approached Sir George Buckley, the chairman of FTSE-100 engineer Smiths Group, to replace ousted chairman Cyrus Mistry, Sky News reported on Tuesday.
Buckley, one of Britain's leading industrialists, could very well be the first non-Indian to grab the top post of the $100-billion conglomerate.
Buvkley’s experience ranges from powers, steel and chemical industries. His name came at a time when the business conglomerate is encountering its biggest challenge due to in-house bickering.
Bukley has worked at various US corporations, including 3M, the global technology company.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Thank Pune for Hospitality as They Head to Cuttack
- Bigg Boss 10: Om Swami to be a Part of Show's Finale
- Reliance Jio Effect: Vodafone Offering 4GB Data for The Price of 1GB and More
- Somdev Devvarman Tears Into AITA in an Open Letter - Read Here
- Alia Bhatt Looks Adorable Dressed As Kareena Kapoor Khan From Jab We Met