Veteran UK Industrialist George Buckley in Race for Top Tata Job
Sir George Buckley, one of Britain's leading industrialists, could very well be the first non-Indian to grab the top post of the $100-billion conglomerate.
Tata Motors logo. Reuters/File Photo
Salt-to-software conglomerate Tata Sons is said to have approached Sir George Buckley, the chairman of FTSE-100 engineer Smiths Group, to replace ousted chairman Cyrus Mistry, Sky News reported on Tuesday.
Buckley, one of Britain's leading industrialists, could very well be the first non-Indian to grab the top post of the $100-billion conglomerate.
Buvkley’s experience ranges from powers, steel and chemical industries. His name came at a time when the business conglomerate is encountering its biggest challenge due to in-house bickering.
Bukley has worked at various US corporations, including 3M, the global technology company.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz S Launched in India at Rs 9.39 Lakh
- GoT S7 Ep 6 Photos: Is It Time For Daenerys Targaryen to Go 'Beyond The Wall'?
- It Takes 15 Minutes For Me To Return To Normalcy After a Show: Zakir Khan
- Priyanka Chopra Trolled For Sporting A Tricolour Scarf On Independence Day
- Virat Kohli Has Lot of Australian Spirit In Him, Says Clarke