Veteran UK Industrialist George Buckley in Race for Top Tata Job
Tata Motors logo. Reuters/File Photo
Salt-to-software conglomerate Tata Sons is said to have approached Sir George Buckley, the chairman of FTSE-100 engineer Smiths Group, to replace ousted chairman Cyrus Mistry, Sky News reported on Tuesday.
Buckley, one of Britain's leading industrialists, could very well be the first non-Indian to grab the top post of the $100-billion conglomerate.
Buvkley’s experience ranges from powers, steel and chemical industries. His name came at a time when the business conglomerate is encountering its biggest challenge due to in-house bickering.
Bukley has worked at various US corporations, including 3M, the global technology company.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 vs OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What Difference to Expect?
- SRK Completes 25 Years in Bollywood, Thanks Fans For 'Bearing' Him
- Jaguar Teases E-pace, to Make Global Debut on July 13th
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From In the Name of God by Ravi Subramanian
- Matin Rey Tangu Joins SRK, Salman Khan At Baba Siddique's Iftar party