We're yet to hear from Kingfisher: SBI chief
SBI had set a November 30 deadline for Kingfisher Airlines to bring in fresh capital and produce a comprehensive revival plan.
Pune: With barely a week left ahead of the November 30 deadline set by bankers to pump in fresh capital into the grounded Kingfisher Airlines, the lead lender State Bank of India on Saturday said it has not heard from the company so far. "Kingfisher as a company has not given us any information or visibility on capital infusion," SBI chairman Pratip Chaudhuri told reporters on the sidelines of the annual two-day banking summit 'Bancon 2012' in Pune.
In an obvious reference to the United Spirit-Diageo deal earlier in November, he said there are reports relating to the group company, but that cannot be a basis for taking a view on the airline. Late in September, SBI set a November 30 deadline for Kingfisher to bring in fresh capital and produce a comprehensive revival plan.
But airline chairman Vijay Mallya said later that he had no knowledge about any such deadline. On the day United Spirits sold majority stake to the English liquor major Diageo for over Rs 11,100 crore, Mallya had hinted that the proceeds would not be diverted to the troubled airline, saying "both businesses will be dealt with separately".
The SBI chairman had earlier this week categorically ruled out fresh funds to the airline, which has not been servicing its Rs 7,000-crore working capital and long-term loans taken from 17 banks since January, 2012. Banks have been demanding that Kingfisher management pump in at least $1 billion of fresh equity.
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- Hillary Clinton's Win Would Result in Spread of ISIS: Donald Trump
- Trump Gains on Clinton, Poll Shows 'Rigged' Message Resonates
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills