Wipro shuffles top management; focus on green energy
The change is aimed at shifting the focus on education and green energy.
Bangalore: Wipro Ltd made key changes in its top management to focus on education and green energy as part of its strategic initiatives, the IT bellwether said on Wednesday evening.
Leading the change is the global software major's infrastructure-engineering chief executive Anurag Behar, who moves to Azim Premji Foundation as its co-chief executive on July 1.
"The foundation is embarking on its next strategic phase, which includes setting up of the Azim Premji University in the state," the company said in a statement in Bangalore.
As the largest NGO, not-for-profit organisation, the foundation contributed significantly to reform the education system through 20,000 schools across nine states during the last 10 years.
"Going forward, the foundation will scale up its initiatives in education and allied fields across the country with specialised resources centres, developing a large partner network and strengthening the existing programmes," the company noted.
Dileep Rajnekar, a long-time Wipro employee, will jointly head the foundation with Behar as co-CEO.
Wipro consulting services president T K Kurien will head the company's eco-energy division from April 1.
"As one of the defining issues for global society, energy will offer huge business opportunity in the coming decades. With an early mover advantage in the clean energy and energy efficiency space, we will offer integrated solutions for commercial, industrial and utility clients," the company said.
Human resources vice president Pratik Kumar will be the president of the infrastructure engineering division. He will also continue to lead the company's HR, brand and communication functions.
Kurien and Kumar will report to Wipro chairman Premji.
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- 1st Test: Vijay, Pujara Put India in Command Against NZ on Day 3
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18