13 Photos That Tell You Durga Puja is Just Round The Corner
Today is Mahalaya. The first day of Debi Paksha, Mahalaya marks the beginning of Durga Puja. Seven days from Mahalaya, Durga Puja begins. The day is special for every Bengali as it heralds the good times and festivities mostly begin from this day onward.
While Mahalaya is one of the things that signifies the onset of Pujas, there are certain other things as well that every Bengali associates to the biggest festival of the community. From flowers, to crowds on streets, to clay idols- everything just builds up to the excitement that Bengalis love to term as Durgostav.
Here are 13 pictures that tell you Durga Puja is just round the corner.
For that matter, shuili phool or what is commonly known as night flowers
Kumortuli and the breathtaking clay idols
Birendra Krishna Bhadra's timeless chants on the radio on the morning of Mahalaya. And tarpan to our forefathers
Pujo Shonkha or the special edition of journals and magazine for the festival
Food. Lots of Food
Construction of Pandals
Puja themed advertisements
The maddening crowd on the streets
The poetic, melancholic autumn sky
Lighting on the streets
Recommended For You
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- Amazing videoYouTube Rewind Celebrates Videos, People And Trends That Made 2016 Memorable
- DEBU'TON'TKeaton Jennings: Another South African Comes Good For England
- Fascinating!The Circle Trailer: Emma Watson, Tom Hanks Starrer is Dark and Compelling
- ExplosiveRaees Trailer: 6 Explosive Dialogues That Sum up SRK's Character Perfectly