13 Photos That Tell You Durga Puja is Just Round The Corner
Today is Mahalaya. The first day of Debi Paksha, Mahalaya marks the beginning of Durga Puja. Seven days from Mahalaya, Durga Puja begins. The day is special for every Bengali as it heralds the good times and festivities mostly begin from this day onward.
While Mahalaya is one of the things that signifies the onset of Pujas, there are certain other things as well that every Bengali associates to the biggest festival of the community. From flowers, to crowds on streets, to clay idols- everything just builds up to the excitement that Bengalis love to term as Durgostav.
Here are 13 pictures that tell you Durga Puja is just round the corner.
For that matter, shuili phool or what is commonly known as night flowers
Kumortuli and the breathtaking clay idols
Birendra Krishna Bhadra's timeless chants on the radio on the morning of Mahalaya. And tarpan to our forefathers
Pujo Shonkha or the special edition of journals and magazine for the festival
Food. Lots of Food
Construction of Pandals
Puja themed advertisements
The maddening crowd on the streets
The poetic, melancholic autumn sky
Lighting on the streets
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
- BSF Kills 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Airtel Offers 10GB of 4G Mobile Data at Rs 259
- Nokia to Help Bharti Airtel to Expand 4G Network in India
- Supreme Court Set To Revisit 'Hindutva' Judgment After 20 Years