DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
'Abused goddesses' spread message against domestic violence
Three award-winning ads with images of bruised Hindu goddesses attempt to spread a strong message against domestic violence.
New Delhi: Three award-winning ads with images of bruised Hindu goddesses - Saraswati, Durga and Lakshmi - attempt to spread a strong message against domestic violence in India.
"Pray that we never see this day. Today more than 68% of women in India are victims of domestic violence. Tomorrow it seems like no woman shall be spared. Not even the ones we pray too," the ads issued for Save Our Sisters initiative by Save the Children India NGO urge us to act before it is too late and also include a helpline number.
The campaign was created by blending traditional hand-painted Indian art with modern-day photography using real models by Mumbai's Taproot India advertising agency has won multiple awards at different ad festivals.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: Junaid Takes a Dig at Kohli Ahead of Indo-Pak Clash
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi