'Abused goddesses' spread message against domestic violence
Three award-winning ads with images of bruised Hindu goddesses attempt to spread a strong message against domestic violence.
New Delhi: Three award-winning ads with images of bruised Hindu goddesses - Saraswati, Durga and Lakshmi - attempt to spread a strong message against domestic violence in India.
"Pray that we never see this day. Today more than 68% of women in India are victims of domestic violence. Tomorrow it seems like no woman shall be spared. Not even the ones we pray too," the ads issued for Save Our Sisters initiative by Save the Children India NGO urge us to act before it is too late and also include a helpline number.
The campaign was created by blending traditional hand-painted Indian art with modern-day photography using real models by Mumbai's Taproot India advertising agency has won multiple awards at different ad festivals.
- Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain Alleges BJP Conspiracy Behind Income Tax Notice
- Visitors Banned from Taking Photo, Video of Parliament House Complex
- Fresh Picture of Lalu's Sons With Scribe-Murder Accused Surfaces
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan