Adele tops best-seller chart for the 2nd time
Adele's award-winning album 21 has been named the biggest-selling record in the US for the second year in a row.
Los Angeles: Multiple Grammy winner Adele's award-winning album 21 has been named the biggest-selling record in the US for the second year in a row.
The 24-year-old 'Someone Like You' hitmaker shifted 4.4 million copies of her follow-up hit '21' in 2012 after selling 5.8 million the year before, reported Ace Showbiz.
The last time an artist had back-to-back best-sellers was in 1983 and 1984 with Michael Jackson's 'Thriller'.
Adele has sold 4.6 million copies, making it the fourth biggest selling album ever.
Billboard magazine's Keith Caulfield said that it's sort of a once-in-a-lifetime album. Adele's sales in the UK have continued to climb and last year '21' was the second-biggest seller according to data from the Official Charts Company, behind Emeli Sande's Our Version Of Events.
Despite being released nearly two years ago, 21 amassed a further 786,000 copies in 2012, bringing UK sales to 4.6 million.
It has now overtaken Oasis's '(What's the Story) Morning Glory?' to become the fourth biggest-selling album of all time in the UK.
Retailer HMV has reported that it sold its one millionth copy of the album during the Christmas period.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Would Choose Margarita With a Straw Over Any Big Budget Film: Sayani Gupta
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Post Jolly LLB 2 Success, Makers Plan to Make a Sequel
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1